DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What are your thoughts about this GMP? For how much does it generally go?

My brother recently found a possible good deal on it.So he's ... :tempted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got it Burn.
excellent detail all over even little open perspex windows on both doors.
engine details/interior/paint all excellent.the usual plumbing wiring etc.
all tyres removable and car comes with axle stands and crowd posts(chain linked).
your bro will not be dissapointed Bern
can i ask how much he's seen it for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its in the states, the model should cost between 325-375$ and thats without any shipping included. what do you think?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have this model, along with all the other GMP 1:12th scale GT40 Mark II and IVs, except for the Gurney red #3-I'm waiting for a good price on that before purchasing. The Gulf livery is nicely done, the orange color doesn't seem quite right, not neon enough in tone to my match the Creative Masters colored GT40s. Although not as detailed as the Exoto XCU releases, it is still a great display piece. The nose section is not hinged, but is removeable. The wheel satin finish looks almost exactly like aluminum. My only criticism is lack of rivet detail around the headlight covers and windows. someday , if I get brave enough I will add them made of PEmetal or turned rivets. If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this w/o wrecking the clear plastic please come forward. :help:
GMP also offers a GLASS display case with wooden base for only $65.00; a bargain at this price.It has a mirrored base-the glass really makes a difference on how what is displayed inside looks.
Yesterday GMP announced that the Sebring Mark IV #1 will released inthis series. I doubt they will duplicate the front hinge engine cover, but I will still get this for my collection-this will complete the Mark IV race winners. Hopefully the #9 Gulf car will come out next year and I can stop spending excessive amounts of money to satsify my diecast addiction :lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
:lol considering the time i've been waiting for their F40, F50, Enzo, (...), i'll be gone by the day they'll see light. :help
Anyhow, I collect 1:18, so no 1:12 for me. you can always get the UH one, Luciano has it, and he wrote great review on it too.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I have a newbie question. Where are GMP models made/assembled? All the pictures of their 1/12 GT40s look drop-dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
This same model has been on my watch list for about a month and I will get it, just don't know how soon. In the U.S. the MSRP is $499 but on ebay they usually go for about #375-$400. One is on bid now for $366 with 3 days left.

Like AAR Gurney, I too have a couple GMP 1/12ths: the MK II #2 '66 Le Mans winner and the yellow MK IV McLaren/Donohue '67 pole winner. I can say with confidence you will not be disappointed! GMP makes great models and they have great customer service if you ever have a problem! :nicejob

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention above that this particular car, chassis #P/1075, is probably the most successful individual road racing car ever built. It was the first (and only?) car to ever win Le Mans twice ('68 & '69). In addition, in 1968 it won overall in the BOAC 500, Spa 1000 km., Watkins Glen 6 hrs. and took 1st in class at Nurburging 1000 km. In 1969, (in addition to Le Mans) it also won the 12 hrs. of Sebring. :310 :310

This is why I must get the 1/12! :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I believe that there are at least two other LM double-winner chassis: Porsche 956C in 1984-85 and TWR Porsche WSC95 in 1996-97. Also read somewhere that it was the very same Jaguar D-type that won in 1955 and 1956, but still have to confirm this.

[edit] Almost forgot, there's also the Bentley Speed Six that won both in 1929 and 1930.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I got the information that it was the first to win 2 Le Mans from the book "GT40, An Indiviual History and Race Record" by Ronnie Spain. I would really like to know if the same chassis number of any other car ever did this :confused . if you find out, please let me know.

Or we could just ask LUW! :giggle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.