DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diecast Lover
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this beauty up recently...It's one of maistos better offerings. I was lucky to find one in black in a sea of white ones.
Anyways, I absolutely love the gt90, I really wish ford had made it.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
A great concept car, thanks for the pics Mel!
Interesting comparo with the GT concept....never seen the two side by side...

I regret not getting a white one for £8 a few years ago.......

G

·
Great concept car indeed. I have to say that when it comes to concept cars, I like them in the original color the concept was presented, which in this case is White. BUT I like this particular Ford in black better than white.
Congrats on a great addition.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
I've never seen one in Black before, it looks great!!

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
^
yep the Indigo was a nice looking concept too.

G

·
Ford made two Indigo cars. One was sold to a private collector and ultimately crashed and totaled. Rumors say on purpose for the insurance money when the crisis hit. I would sooooooo love to have a model of the Indigo concept in 1 18. There is also a very similar looking Ferrari based on a 328 that currently resides in Belgium.
Sorry for the off topic guys.

·
Diecast Lover
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I really wanted it in black and I was lucky to find one locally for a good price.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have one in black too. the blue wheels really set it off. All in all a very good budget model, although, I'm curious as to how the engine cover opens on the 1:1. Surely it can't be like the lego window they used on the model.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have this model in white. Bought it from a local seller for $15 brand new. I don't really like the model, but the GT-90 is such an iconic concept car, that it's a must-have for any collector IMO....especially for such the low prices you can get for this model.

·
Model Car Fiend
131 Posts
Darn ot you guys...I had this model in white a few years back...after reading this post, I wish I never gave it away. I think I'll be on the hunt for it again. Thanks for sharing the pics

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey Mel, congratulations on the pick, looks great. I have one in white and I think it is one of the better offerings indeed. Good model, feels more intricate/delicate than other Maistos I have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts