DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't seen too many of these at all, and was excited when I found this one on ebay for only 13 dollars. It came today, and I love it! It's a lot better than I expected, as far as detail and quality goes. Even the engine and undercarriage looks great.

The only thing I am disappointed with is the 1/21 scale...even though the box says 1/18. I saw several other models for sale at various websites that were labeled as 1/21, and purposly avoided them because I prefer a true 1/18. This one was labeled as 1/18 on ebay AND right on the front of the case, but on the bottom of the truck it says 1/21. I noticed it looked small as soon as I took it out of the packaging. I wouldn't mind, other than I was looking foward to having a photo shoot with all my SVT models.

Other than that, i'm very happy with it. I do plan to do some detailing to it though. I'll for sure be flocking the interior, and probably other minor detailing like decals and such. I want to try to make a bed cover using some extra styrene sheet I have too.

Anyway, here are the pictures I just took. Click thumbnails for full 800x600 images

Sorry, I thought using thumbnails would reduce loading times, but it's still loading the full picture.

In the picture of the truck bed, it's hauling a custom made SVT 4 cylinder engine I built for a SVT Focus conversion that i'm working on. It's almost finished, I should have some pictures of that up by the end of this week for anybody whose interested :)

Thanks!

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
Nice truck.
:coolpics

I wanted a black one for myself, but after I learned that it was a 1/21 and not 1/18 I decided not the get it.
:pullhair

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking truck Todd. Its a shame about the scale.

I've got two F150s, one is from Ertl, the other is a Beanstalk. I have no problems with the size of them.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm glad you like it, Todd. :cheers That motor you made looks awesome. :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking truck. That is one thing that bothers me is the box says 1:18 and its not. Worse is it says 1:21 on the bottom of the truck....what the heck is up with that. Either way it looks to be a great model!

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:feedback I always hated it when Burago did 1/22 scales as they are so out of place in collections just like the Rolls Royce Camargouge, i think that's wrong spelling but you would all know. I am so surprised that they never made the Ford Lightning as part of the Fast and the Furious series by ERTL. I was in the first movie as the delivery truck. :feedback

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I also have this truck (courtesy of Darrick). I do like it as well, but just wish I could display it next to my Beanstalk F150. Because of its off-scale, however, it has to sit on the other side of my office.

View attachment 19490 View attachment 19491

1 - 10 of 10 Posts