DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
<Mod Fanatic>
59 Posts
I guess I should introduce myself now that I've been posting for the past couple of days now. I usually post on another site, but I've grown fond of this site as well. I've been collecting 1:18 scale models (spilled over into 1:24 a bit) for about 13 years now. My first model was a red Bburago Dodge Viper, which I still have. Hundreds of models later, i realize that I may have a lot of crappy model that I need to rid my collection of, or use as donor models for mods. My first inspiration for a true mod was 'Eleanor' from the 2nd 'Gone in 60 Seconds' I attempted to modify parts from an Ertl and Road Legends GT500 to create the beast. It resulted in me almost losing my left thumb at the hands of an angry dremel tool. I put that project on hold.....still on hold. Since then I have performed other mods, most of which I am very proud of. I think I have the painting technique pretty much down to a science now. I think this is the one aspect of the hobby that I enjoy most, so expect to see me in here from now on.

A big 'Thank You' to all who've already welcomed me to the forum.

-Ray

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
:welcome to DX Ray! No such thing as a crappy model to us modder, they are just a bigger canvas! :giggle
Al

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Welcome the the DX Forum Ray. :cheers Thanks for the introduction. I'm glad to know you still have all your fingers attached to your hands. :giggle Interestingly, my first diecast model was also a Bburago Viper but it was blue. I guess a lot of collectors got their start with budget model brands like that. Make yourself right at home here and I look forward to seeing some pics of your modded cars.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
:welcome To DX Ray, from a fellow modder. There is no model out there that is so bad that it can't be made better somehow, even the Bburago E-type Jag. . . :giggle Enjoy yourself and feel free to jump right in. . .

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Welcome to DX Ray. Good to see new members making themselves known.

I'm another collector who discovered 1:18s through budget models. My first was a Bburago BMW M Roadster, and then several Maistos. In the space of only 18 models I have progressed to my first Exoto! But DX caters for all tastes and models anyway, so jump in and enjoy. I reckon you will only grow fonder of DX :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Enjoy yourself Ray!

G

·
Welcome aboard and glad to have you :cheers

I have seen your work you posted in the Custom Forums, look forward to seeing more of your work.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Hi Ray!
Thanks for the intro!!! You're going to feel very at home here.

Welcome!
Sean

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.