DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one do you like more Formula 1 or Indy 500?
I like both29.09%
Im F1 all the way1881.82%
Im Indy 500 all the way00.00%
neither:(29.09%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im for F1!! :danbanna

But I like Indy 500

Every one will hate me for saying this but

I used to like Nascar but now I cant stand it.
It just seems less sophisticated compared to the all around racing that F1 provides. I mean Nascar just races in one big circle. Plus the cars do not look that great or muscular or even leaned out like F1 race cars do. But thats just my opinion.
And plus F1 cars can pull some insane G's!! :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
F1 cars are the pinnacle of four wheel racing in my humble opinion. :cheers

I was lucky enough to had the opportunity to see them race in Hockenheim. My ex girlfriend was German. She and I flew to her homeland to visit her folks. While we where there, we decided to go and catch the race. I was only 19 then and she's 27. :happy

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
F1 for me. Unless you are based in the States, Indy car does not get the coverage that F1 does (in Europe anyway) hence it is easier to follow.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I voted for F1 largely because those tracks are full of twisties and turns. Technically, they're a lot more challenging than ovals. As a spectator, races on them are more interesting to watch. Just my $0.02.

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
This is just fine to me, I like F1 and Le Mans, but I like Le Mans more because of the different classes of cars.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I don't watch F1 anymore (since 1994), but from the above I would pick it anytime. It's simply amazing the technology that goes into those cars, and no other category is so high tech. Imagine that a F1 car can run on the ceiling of a tunnel due to the down force it produces if it goes only above 200 km/h!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could definitively tell the difference between the two. I know for a fact, that I couldn't differentiate the differences from the cars upon looking at them side by side. :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Denali said:
This is just fine to me, I like F1 and Le Mans, but I like Le Mans more because of the different classes of cars.
:iagree :iagree I'm with you on that Denali. :cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think that environment belonged to the race, therefore for me nothing is better than the 24 Hours of le Mans . Moreover pilots of endurance are much friendlier.
Unfortunately there is not much coverage of endurance and GT on TV .
I like the rally too, beautiful cars and much more intensity than F1 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like F1 and have lost interest in the 500 since the midget rat-faced dork Tony George took it down the road to ruin.

I prefer Champcar and LeMans, with a good dose of Touring cars(DTM/BTCC/Aus V8's) and MotoGP/WSBK.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
If I had to pick, which I did - CollectorX held a gun up to my head :lol , I'd pick F1. I think it'd be boring to watch what I think are ugly cars go around in a circle for hours. Le Mans is BA, too! :happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts