DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Dad bought these four for himself about a month ago. But I haven't got around to posting the pictures until now. Slacker is I.

The seller had the Lichtenstein Group 5 listed on trademe for a very mere $130nz. Good deal, but sadly it didn't have the original box or foam - only the book, perspex and the plaque (the plaques are the most important thing though. Man they're awesome
The book's are an interesting read too).

The seller said he also had the Warhol, Stella and Hockney cars. So we asked what he wanted them, and a week later they were in our hot little hands for the princely sum of $400nz. Sadly, once again none of them had their original boxes, but at the price they were bound to be flawed.

On top of the missing bits of paraphernalia, the cars were also dusty as heck. So I spent a good afternoon cleaning them up with cue-tips and micro-fibre. At least now they're pretty damn presentable - though not perfect. The Hockney's taken a tumble at some stage judging by the large paint-chip on the front corner, and the missing tailight (we'll get a replacement eventually).

The models are pretty damn cool. In terms of details, none of them are all that special. The Lichtenstein Group 5 and the Stella CSL (by Minichamps) are great, but I found the Warhol M1 (also a Minichamps) to be a disapointment. And of course the Hockney 850i (a Revell model) is many years out of date. The paint-work on them all makes them brilliant - particularly the M1, which is as of now one of my favourite cars in the collection. The way they've replicated the brush-strokes is unbelievable!

Anyway, I thought I'd do something wanky specifically for the photoshoot. One of our homestay students gave us a cute little torch, which I decided to break in. So on top of the 'regular shots', I've also got some new stuff down the bottom. Your two cents would be cool
My camera hasn't been the same since it got drenched at a race-meeting, but hopefully it's an issue with the lens and not the body - as Santa's gifting me with a bigger lens this year

Full shoots here.

Cheers

Matt.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Incredible find there Matt. I only have the Warhol M1 and am keen to add a few more of the BMW Art cars. In a collection of 230+ models the Warhol M1 is easily in my top 10 and with the incredible presentation case, plaque and booklet makes a stunning piece.

Only drawback is that give the size of the box storing these items is a real pain in the ass. Great photos as usual, you don't by any chance have the Jim Richards BMW 635CSI 'JPS' car?

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Well they certainly are cool - and a bumper bargain to boot!

At least the chip on the Hockney doesn't really show with that livery....
Thanks for the

·
Administrator
33,543 Posts
Great stuff, nice pics too.
I'm after the Warhol car - I missed a couple that sold for sub £200 on ebay, all complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts