DiecastXchange Forum banner

Friday Night "Cars & Convenience" Retro-Euro/Japan ...in exact 1/64

1K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  BK1 
#1 ·
Finally tried some 1/64 exact scale shots...first time using figures and this Lawson diorama.
Also got all of my TLVN Lancia Thema 8.32s together for this scene.... Friday Night "Cars & Convenience" Retro-Euro/Japan themed parking lot meet at LAWSON's
😊

One thing, AD needs more diverse figures. C'mon, it's 2023. I'll be pulling out some American/Korean/British motors 1/64th scales for some upcoming shoots to leave no significant nations out.
😊

Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Photograph
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Hood
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Window Hat Music Art Event
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
The diorama is uber awesome! I think the realistic 1/64s are really gaining popularity now. And i think you mentioned that too in your podcast David. I noticed an increased number of rather realistic looking 1/64 i.e. W100 Pullman appearing on Taobao and Aliexpress a while back, along with others like old school Cadillac and Lincolns.

My perception on 1/64 has really changed once upon a time i thought the best they could do is something similar to Hotwheels premium but brands like Mini GT has took this to the next level! Real head/tailights with translucent plastic and not just painted on. Intricate side mirrors (and not just stub) and so on. And there are so many 1/64 custom wheels that one can buy for all his customisation needs.

And no shortage of 1/64 premade diorama too!

#6 ·
The diorama is uber awesome! I think the realistic 1/64s are really gaining popularity now. And i think you mentioned that too in your podcast David. I noticed an increased number of rather realistic looking 1/64 i.e. W100 Pullman appearing on Taobao and Aliexpress a while back, along with others like old school Cadillac and Lincolns.

My perception on 1/64 has really changed once upon a time i thought the best they could do is something similar to Hotwheels premium but brands like Mini GT has took this to the next level! Real head/tailights with translucent plastic and not just painted on. Intricate side mirrors (and not just stub) and so on. And there are so many 1/64 custom wheels that one can buy for all his customisation needs.

And no shortage of 1/64 premade diorama too!
Simon, you will LOVE exact scale 1/64ths!! You'd have to see some of the realistic stuff out now. Totally adult collectibles...I have so much fun buying this scale, but they do add up real fast, so they might not all be 1/18th scale pieces, but dome are up there, but the joy that I get makes me feel like a kid...I admire the levels of details put into getting these right. Plus, there are models of just about everything with wheels! 😊

#4 ·
That‘s sooo lovely, David - really great scenery!!! 👍
You know I always had a soft spot for 1/64 and love what you have done here! :love:
The tiny figures and the lighting are the icing on the cake!👏👏👏
Especially love the 2nd pic - amazing!
You definitely need to nominate one of these for Feb POTM…

#7 ·
Thanks Dirk! This is a great scale to get immersed into! You would absolutely appreciate it!! I love'em but some of my dioramas are so large, that I need a room just to set everything up for a town. Things like housing blocks and streets really are expansive, but when you put them all together..OMG It's like you're a giant looking down at a smaller scaled world.
I'd LOVE to see what you do with this scale photography wise!!!😊🥂

#14 ·
High Detail Chinese companies YunLi Also working steering....
Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle Tire

AMAZING newer brand XCARTOYS from China Keeps getting better detailed and are CHEAP! They ae passing TLVN i details now...they have two lines, Cars liek teh ones shown below and slightly less detailed ones.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Wheel
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

DCM Rolls Royces.... all 1/64th scaled
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Car Hood Tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Tire

DCM Toyota Century and Crowns....
Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

#18 ·
Thanks David for sharing all the different type of 1/64 collector grade models with us. I guess you could very well be the ambassador of 1/64 scale and guide us through the 1/64 collecting journey, should any of us wish to embark on that journey. ;)

My last experience with the premum 1/64 was with the Autoart 1/64 series many years ago. I wasn't impressed with them detail wise to be honest and thought this is the best premium 1/64 could come up with. And havent looked back since apart from some HW premium line couple years ago, but i know what i was getting. A better looking graphics on the card and slightly more details plus custom wheels at 4x the price.

But now it looks like the 1/64 scene has exploded and there are so many choices out there. I was quite impressed with the DCM's rendition of the Merc W100 Pullman and that actually looks better than some of the 1/43 W100 Pullman. And the price isnt outageously expensive too. I wanted to give Tomytec vintage neo a go but the going price is insane, $60/70 on average (unless i;ve been looking at the wrong place) and at that price I retreat back to the comfort of inexpensive 1/18 Solido and the like.

#20 ·
My Pleasure Simon! I love sharing and helping where I can to fellow collectors such as yourself.

Oh yeah, I should still have some of those AA 1/64ths stored away. Most were really terrible, but some like the Bugatti were gems details wise. Also, some of those 100% Hot Wheels 1/64 exact scale HWs were good for their time, but time has moved on and they have went more back to "toys". The newer brands, even Mini GT are really premium these days equaling TLVN for 1/3 the prices.

Most TLV/TLVNs are $15-25 (Normal) $35-50USD(Like Ferraris/Lamborghinis/NSXs and Special boxed items) and some $120 like semis with traliers..at least where I source mine from. The thing is, YOU HAV ETO PREORDER immediately from Japanese sites to get them at the lowest prices. Once they sellout, their prices skyrocket!

Speaking of 1/64 100 Pullman, I got this HIGH details Yulin for only 20 euros locally when my dealer here had them and the even higher detailed GCD (NZG maker) has their for under $20 or even cheaper via my Dealer in China right now.. Please have a look at the models I am posting below and message me in a private message and I will send you links on where to order the best models from trusted sites in Japan at the lowest prices! Where you get Credit to eventually use that for future orders if used within 1 year. Cheers! See teh pics below.. 😊 🥂

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle Tire

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood
Wheel Car Toy Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

#21 ·
What can I say David, some great 1/64s AND dioramas to boot! Fantastically done and laid out.

I remember when Johnny Lightning became readily available in the early aughts and being impressed by the quality at the time over the typical special edition Hot Wheels and what naught. I don't know what JL is like now, but I can't see them beating some of these.

Amazing levels of details! Really goes to show the incredible passion some manufacturers bring to diecasts (which of course then highlights those that bring no passion). Thanks for sharing these David! Perhaps when my 1/18 collecting slows down I might indulge in these!

#22 ·
What can I say David, some great 1/64s AND dioramas to boot! Fantastically done and laid out.

I remember when Johnny Lightning became readily available in the early aughts and being impressed by the quality at the time over the typical special edition Hot Wheels and what naught. I don't know what JL is like now, but I can't see them beating some of these.

Amazing levels of details! Really goes to show the incredible passion some manufacturers bring to diecasts (which of course then highlights those that bring no passion). Thanks for sharing these David! Perhaps when my 1/18 collecting slows down I might indulge in these!
Thanks Belal!! Actually, in my recent Facebook posts, the 1984 & 85 Datsun- Nissan 300ZX & 300ZX Turbos are JLs. They are now owned by AutoWorld, so they have really upped their levels. I will attach the pictures below.
The thing is, that a lot of these don't cost more than $20-25 USD or for Mini GT by TSM, they go for around 12 euros here in Europe.

Johnny Lightning 300ZX Z31 series here below......
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Tire
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.