DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow DXers,

Just a quick reminder to please remember the 60KB limit per pic guideline. Please try to stick to it because it would help the forum tremendously.

I know a lot of us here have high speed internet, but we must not forget fellow DXers with the agonizing, waiting forever dial-ups.

I'm certain most of you have noticed the increase in traffic we have recently (which is great btw), so it's up to all of us to make DX as user friendly as possible.

Thanks for listening. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys,

I thought if your pics were over 60kb they didn't upload anyway?

I thought i had resized one of my pics in my collection thread and couldn't understand why it wouldn't attach. I checked the size and it was 72kb. I resized it to 55kb or thereabouts and presto it attached no problem.

Am i right or was this just a fluke?

:cheers

Timbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u can show images that are over 60kb that arent uploaded directly to DX, but they'll soon be edited by a mod, so i wouldnt try it :giggle

and my connection is speed limited after ive downloaded a certain amount each month, so i have to deal with the agonizing, waiting forever associated with dial-up :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Timbo,

StrobinAvalanch is correct. This is a reminder for those who link pictures from outside sources.

We welcome all and look forward to see pictures from our members - It's pretty much expected, to tell you the truth. We're spoiled and like pics. However, we have to take into account the amount of pictures being displayed on DX. As I've mentioned, I'm sure many of us here have gone the high-speed internet way, but we must not forget our members that are still on dial-ups.

Here's another thing you might also (or will) notice - your banner disappears when you post numerous times in the same thread.

Why is that?

So the page would load up faster. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I learned how to post from the tut's :iagree

I got an account thru Photo bucket that helps do the thumbnails like this pretty easy if I can do it :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.