DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My third GMP 1:43 open wheel set. Unlike the Wynn's & Konstant Hot set, which comprise a midget, dirt car & sprint car, this set has three dirt cars, driven by legendary racers.

1. A J Foyt's 1969 Sheraton Thompson Special #6. This car represents Foyt's only win in 1969 at the Hoosier 100.

2. Al Unser's 1970 Johnny Lightning Special #2. Running this car "Big Al" won 5 races to take the 1970 championship.

3. Mario Andretti's 1974 Vels Parnelli #2. "Super ***'s" last season in dirt cars took him to the Championship, winning three races during the year.

The three together :

Again the cars are nicely detailed, with removable engine covers showing the engine.

According to the box, the set is 1 of 1,032, and is a welcome addition to my collection.

:cheers

Steve

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Very nice, Steve :10
I may have to see about picking up one of these sets. I have yet to see on priced like the others though.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Crikey Jeff, is your computer tuned in to cars like these - 2 minutes after I post them, there's a reply :dizzy

You're right about the price - rather more than the Wynn's & Konstant Hot sets put together.......

Now, I have to find the Parnelli Jones set!

:cheers

Steve

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
They look really good, Steve - I especially like the Johnny Lightning livery. Congratulations!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.