DiecastXchange Forum banner

GMP 1965 Corvette Stingray

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bofleon 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Here's the newest announcement from GMP and a big one at that....1965 CORVETTE STINGRAY. I do not know how many they are making yet but once that information becomes available I'll post it here. More pictures linked below.

Item#G1800701 ~ MSRP US$279.95
Outstanding 1:18 Scale ~ Available May 2009
Each Replica Individually Serialized

Features Include:

Plumbed and Wired Fuel Injected 327 Cubic Inch Powerplant
Four Speed Floor Shifter.... really moves!
Removable Wheels/Tires
Opening Rear Spare Tire Storage with Removable Spare Tire
Working Suspension
Accurately Detailed Undercarriage and Exhaust System
Rotating Drive Shaft and Half Shafts
Poseable Steering
Tilting Bucket Seats that Slide on Tracks
Opening Glove Box
Operating Window Cranks and Windows
Detailed Instrument Panel and Dual Cowl Dashboard
Opening Doors with Accurately Detailed Hinges
Rotating Headlamps
Opening Hood and Rear Tonneau Deck Reveals Realistic Folded Soft-top
Removable Black Convertible Up-top
Opening Gas Filler Cap
... and much, much more!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Click here for more pictures

I would highly suggest preordering this model and not waiting until they come out. I know the price isn't for everybody but this is one GMP hasn't done before so I expect they will sell fast. These are a must have for Corvette collectors. Check with your favorite dealer because they're are plenty of incentives out there for preordering.

Thanks!
Mike

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
This is per Mark at GMP in regards to the production number of the Corvettes...

The cars will be numbered, but we are not announcing a final qty. We have decided to do this with most of the Masterpiece Series cars which are being released in fewer versions and less frequently than standard issue releases.
Thanks,
Mike

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just gto the email ... I was about to make a topic about it!

It looks beautiful ... but I didn't expect $280 for it!!!

When I saw the pictures, I wanted to add it on my list, but not at that price for a '65 Vette.

Not that much more details then a regular Highway 61, which already has those blue features for less then $100 ...

Plumbed and Wired Fuel Injected 327 Cubic Inch Powerplant
Four Speed Floor Shifter.... really moves!
Removable Wheels/Tires
Opening Rear Spare Tire Storage with Removable Spare Tire
Working Suspension
Accurately Detailed Undercarriage and Exhaust System
Rotating Drive Shaft and Half Shafts
Poseable Steering
Tilting Bucket Seats that Slide on Tracks
Opening Glove Box
Detailed Instrument Panel and Dual Cowl Dashboard
Opening Doors with Accurately Detailed Hinges
Rotating Headlamps
Opening Hood and Rear Tonneau Deck Reveals Realistic Folded Soft-top
Removable Black Convertible Up-top
Opening Gas Filler Cap

And GMP already offers the Operating Window Cranks and Windows on thir Fairlanes for less then half of that price ...

... so if I resume, I'd be paying $160 for :

- rotating headlights .... that are a feature on my old Ertl 67 Vette
- removable top .... that can be found on almost every convertible Kyosho models under $100

- I can live without the movable shifter & the removable wheels for that extra $160 ....

:hellno

G
#8 ·
Hmm I agree Justin this is going to be an interesting model to follow. Obviously price isn't for everybody and we all know GMP knows that. Our sales yesterday were steady for this one and I believe they will continue especially later on when GMP reveals more features on this Vette. From what I'm hearing it seems like GMP is still working on some toolings for this model so keep in mind folks this is just a pre-production photo and things are always subject to change (just probably not the price). Guess we'll just have to wait and see....stay tuned.

#11 ·
Dear Virtue

USD 106 is not a good price for Corvette, but also It is promotional price. It is very low. Normally, you can get this car by USD 200 and over now. I wish you get this car in one piece after a long travel from the U.S to Turkey. Have nice days with your new model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.