DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if ANYONE has purchased this car yet.
I have it on order & am yet to see any pics on the net or anything.
It ill be my first GMP model and was wanting to know what sort of quality to expect.

Cheers

J.R.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I saw the red one and it has a great amont of detail.
I think you will be very happy with the black one as it looks to be a winner :nicejob
Be sure to let us know how it is :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
:welcom2 aboard Maximus!

The GMP Fairlane is a nice model, but the original release (in red) had some problems that I believe resulted in GMP withdrawing it from sale and delaying further releases until the models teething problems were sorted out. The main complaint was the fit of the doors which looked fine closed but which sagged badly when open. There apparently were other problems with the model but I have to say I didn't think they were a big deal. However, the black Fairlane GT should be a superior model to the red version which I think is a nice model despite the problems it was meant to have had. I have the red original release and it does have slightly droopy doors (when they are open) but when left closed they look fine.

Here are some pictures of my red Fairlane:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
aboard J.R.! :cheers
From what I heard, every problem that affected the red Fairlane (specially the droopy doors, as Ronan described) was addressed in the black release.

Ronan, I've heard lots of complaints about the doors, but I never actualy saw how bad the problem was. Would you have any pics?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
LUW said:
aboard J.R.! :cheers
From what I heard, every problem that affected the red Fairlane (specially the droopy doors, as Ronan described) was addressed in the black release.

Ronan, I've heard lots of complaints about the doors, but I never actualy saw how bad the problem was. Would you have any pics?
I don't have any pics showing the droopy doors at the moment Luciano, but I'll take a pic of it in the next couple of days to show you. It is very minor, and in fact I may not have noticed it (or at least not paid it any attention!) had I not seen the online debate about this problem. :cheers

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went & picked it up on Friday & I am really impressed.
The detail is truely amazing, and apart from dirty fingerprints on the inside of the windscreen, I would definately buy another GMP car for sure.

I will have to get a digital camera and get some picks and do a review of it.

Cheers

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts