DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Hi guys -- The Diablo VT is my 3rd favorite of all time after the F40 and the Countach. Since I only buy higher end models for the latter two, I was thinking of getting a budget VT. I realize that BBurago, Maisto and Mira are the options available, and I am aware that the purists out there absolutely loathe all there. However if one absolutely has to choose which one is a preferable purchase? I was thinking of the Maisto SE30 Jota since no other manufacturer has actually created them in the 1/18 scale. However ebay seems to have two versions of this Maisto. Here are the links to the best reference images I could find of both:

http://www.gomotorbi...ini-Jota-Purple

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

Which one would be a better purchase -- I am inclining towards the non-1995 SE "dark purple" colored one in the gomotorbids link.

Also, are there any good 1/18 budget brands for the Countach apart from Bburago?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,629 Posts
I've the Maisto SE30 Jota, it's really not a bad model. The exterior is very good, they got the special roof scoops and badges perfect, and the engine is pretty decent too. The wheels and interior are quite basic but overall it's easily worth $15. It looks great on the shelf with my AutoArt Diablo's. I can post some pictures of it, if you want.

The Diablo is my favorite Lamborghini. I'd love to get all the variants, currently I've 4 and next on my list are the AutoArt 6.0 and MotorMax GT. I like the SE30 Jota more than the regular SE, because of the roof scoops and it was much rarer.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your reply 118supercars. You're right about the roof scoops. Incidentally I came across an old post by you when I searched the forums before I posted and it was the pictures of your purple Jota that motivated my intent to buy this instead of the $100+ Autoart VT I was originally (half-heartedly) considering. You just reaffirmed my decision. Thanks!

I only really like the VT variant of the Diablo -- there's something inherently appealing about it's design, it's the only Lamb apart from the Countach that I have been really drawn to. I really dislike the modern bloated aesthetics of both the Ferrari and Lamborghini brands. However, I have heard a lot of good things about the Motormax GT, if I can get one for around $30 do you think it's a worthwhile investment?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts

·
They look better in real life.
359 Posts
If you don't mind the SV version of the Diablo, I would say to get the Welly. The exterior is MILES ahead of the offerings you mentioned, being based on the AutoArt. The MotorMax Diablo GT is also a very good model, but it does look much different than the VT.

Besides Bburago, there aren't really any other good budget Countaches. You could consider the RIcko 25th Anniversary Countach, but it is the ugliest version of the bunch, glad that Horacio Pagani learned from it for the Zonda :D

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't mind the SV version of the Diablo, I would say to get the Welly. The exterior is MILES ahead of the offerings you mentioned, being based on the AutoArt. The MotorMax Diablo GT is also a very good model, but it does look much different than the VT.
Just looked up the Welly and it seems pretty similar in proportion to the Autoart so I'm very tempted but the fact that the SV really doesn't do anything for me at all makes me double-minded... if only Welly produced a VT...

Besides Bburago, there aren't really any other good budget Countaches. You could consider the RIcko 25th Anniversary Countach, but it is the ugliest version of the bunch, glad that Horacio Pagani learned from it for the Zonda :D
Yeah, the Ricko sucks... I could've bought one in mint condition a couple of months back for $40 but didn't because of it's aesthetic -- besides I like my Countach's with the rear spoilers. I have a white Kyosho 5000s but can't justify the expensive to buy another Kyosho or Autoart.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Find a Bburago, That looks much better...
When you note it, it's got complete doors
All of the Diablo Maistos lack some important details compared to Bburagos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts