DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sale is until the 23rd. I went to see an old client and it so happens to be near the outlet mall. I when in and found out that the sale was going on.
It is anything ending on a "6" and lo-an-behold there was actually many models that qualified! :giggle Too bad I ran out of diecast cash as there were several new Signature models that were part of the sale.
Here is what I got:
A SC GT350, and SC Daytona coupe (what a bargain), a welly SVO and a Sunstar '71 fastback Mustang. The Lloyd was not part of the "6" sale but was marked down to $5 so it came home with me. :giggle

G

·
That's pretty cool, Al! :happy

What are your thoughts on the Daytona Coupe? I found one locally but it was a lil beat up.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Good stuff, Al - looks like you got yourself a great deal

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks gents! While it is no Exoto, you sure get a lot of bang for your buck! I noticed that the other 3 on the shelves had some QC issues, but nothing that could not be fixed.
The paint is flawless on mine, but the hood does not shut all the way down.
It is a step above the YM.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rex, the KBT outlet is in Conroe, about 3 miles north of Conroe on 45N.

Jeff, Happy Hunting! :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Al! :cheers

I see the outlets are doing the '6' thing again! Almost all the diecasts are labelled with ending '6' :happy

Too bad the ones I go to never have the newer stuff (i.e. new Signatures, new Welly). Or I'd go and pick up the XC90 with the 770K :p

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks! :cheers

They are by Shelby Collectibles, a brand allegedly started by 'ol 'Shel himself.
http://shelbycollectibles.com/ The site is down, but they were on sale there for $49-59. KBT outlets and several diecast wholesalers/distributers got them.

Do a search on DX and you will run into several reviews of them, specially a couple of fine ones by Jeff (maxpower)

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.