DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I have owned several of these yellow convertibles, but I have given them away to friends. All of the sudden they became hard to find, but for some reason, as of late, they are all over Ebay and I 'grabbed' one for good :giggle The "sister" car is the first of the fastbacks releases.
Grabber Yellow is in my humble opinion one of the best colors on the big Shelbys.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Whoa! Those are bright! Congratulations, Al - they look awesome!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
No offense Al but the white stripe doesn't do much for me :giggle

But that black stripe and interior on the Convt :hot

Congrats on finding them :cheers

Do you have all the Ertl Shelbys?
Any chance of seeing one of your group shots?

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John and Jeff! :cheers To be honest , the white stripe does not do anything for me either, but I guess that Ertl was trying to follow the loose guide of 69-70's of having the stripe color match the interior color. I say loose, because the 1:1s did not follow it all too well. I might get a Fred Caddy stripe kit from TomCToys and convert it to black stripes.
I have most of them, except the one I keep missing and goes sky-high :wink
I have a couple of the fastbacks on the way. Once I do, I will do a group photo! :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Sorry to dissapoint you! I won't be joining the bathroom brigade this time! :giggle That is my kitchen counter and tile backsplash!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.