DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go ahead and laugh now Jeff, because it finally followed me home for $15 dollars. But I am not re-building this one. I'M NOT DOING IT! I'm going to leave it alone. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good score Eddie! Where do you find these nowadays? Every time I see one now, they have been beat to h*ll!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats Mr. "I won't buy or work on another UH GT40 again" :giggle

I will get my GT40 reference books out in advance of your PM's when you take this one apart :giggle

One thing I thought about, taking a grinding wheel to the overly wide window ledge in the doors.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Way to go Eddie! Looking forward to another step by step exercise in frustration (with pics)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've just seen a black one that my supplier has for sale and, in my humble opinion, this is one car that DEFINITELY needs your detailing magic, Eddie! Especially the rims!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If, and that is a very big IF, I do anything to it, I am going to have to get an ERTL Cobra for the 427 big block, because I'm not keeping the small block in it.

Jeff: I'd like to know some of the history behind it, as I'm not familiar with this car at all.

Al: I got it at the local Hobby store. It was marked down because it looked like a guerilla from the San Diego zoo had played with the box. She still has an identical one for $26.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Is that the same store that had the Ferrari Bburago? Did she finally realize it's better to sell something cheap than not sell it at all?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really John. Her prices for what she has left are still a little high, as far as I'm concerned. I was hoping I'd find the Bburago today as she has moved the entire store around, but it looks like it's gone for good. . . :rant

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation on this classy car! :cheers

G

·
Lets read the first part...... "If, and that is a very big IF" but then he says "going to have to get an ERTL Cobra for the 427 big block".

You're already getting ideas Eddie, you're doomed :giggle

Serously though, it looks OK, but it does need your magic work.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I love it when folks write "Guess What Followed Me Home..." :lol :lol You are a humanitarian indeed....or is it "diecastarian"? :giggle

What....wou're not touching it? You're not going to "Eddify" your new GT40? I'd like to see how long you can resist my friend. :giggle :giggle Congrats on the find and please do keep us posted on (a) how you're resisting or (b) how you're progressing with your mods. :wink :cheers

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeff, In answer to your question, Yes. So far, all three of mine have had the exact same engine in them.

Bernard & Felix, Any mods will be way down the road as I seriously do not enjoy working on these UH's. Conversely, I know there are what, 16 versions of this car and deep in the back of my mind, I want all 16. . . :giggle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts