DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Here is how I make most on my diorama signs:
1. One can of soda (empty).
2. 3m double side tape (splurge, don't but the cheap stuff).
3. Cut-outs from your favorate catalog/magazine or if you have a good printer, make your own.
4. A good pair of sccisors.

Just put the two-sided tape on the can (covering more area than the cut out) lay the cut out on it and slowly cut. Be carefull as the aluminum can get sharp.

Another source of backing are the lids that some heat-and-serve frozen foods have, or craft stores sell sheets of aluminum.

Have fun!

G

·
That's a brilliant idea Al, and those signs look very real hanging on the wall. Thanks for sharing. :nicejob :cheers

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rat said:
That's a brilliant idea Al, and those signs look very real hanging on the wall. Thanks for sharing. :nicejob :cheers
:iagree :iagree Very nice job :nicejob :danbanna

Thanks for sharing :drinkbud

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank for the feedback guys! :cheers I have been doing these for while now. It makes me wonder what our recycling crew think :confused when they pick it up from our curb and see our cans all cut up. :lol
I will post pic of a diorama walls on monday from work.
Like I said, catalogs are a great source for these because of their glossy print.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Very good idea! Easy and creative. :nicejob :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are some more that I have done. As you can see it has a bit of a Ford-leaning to it. I plan to do one for most makes that I collect. This is the one shelf in a "Billy" bookcase.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.