DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Darrick wanted to make one but was having some trouble, and since I needed one more for my last Saico bike, I decided to make it and photograph how it's done. To make one you will need 11 cm (4 1/4") of copper wire (can be steel, but it's harder to work with). Since I used copper, a 16 gauge (1,6 mm) wire works great.

1) Remove the plastic sheath and straighten the wire the best you can
View attachment 21157

2) With a straight-nose plier make a square "U" (this will be the base of the stand)
View attachment 21158

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks Brazil! :cheers I got a few bikes that need stands, so this will come in handy! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darrick, I also had trouble to figure out the bends the 1st time. Why do you think I always had an old one handy? :giggle

Houston, you're welcome! :cheers

G

·
You know what problem I ran into while trying to make this for the NR750...The NR is a single sided swing arm :giggle

Is it too much to ask for a desing for a single sided swingarm stand :lol

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only way that I can think of is to replicate the real thing, with a pin that goes through the wheel axle. If the axle is hollow it would be easy, but if not, you would have to make a support that gripped firmly the swing arm. You could make a "U" bracket where the swing arm would fit into, but it would have to be tight and it could scratch the swing arm.
I'll have to think about that one more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.