DiecastXchange Forum banner

(Guide) How to make rear wheel stands for bikes

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  LUW 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Darrick wanted to make one but was having some trouble, and since I needed one more for my last Saico bike, I decided to make it and photograph how it's done. To make one you will need 11 cm (4 1/4") of copper wire (can be steel, but it's harder to work with). Since I used copper, a 16 gauge (1,6 mm) wire works great.

1) Remove the plastic sheath and straighten the wire the best you can
View attachment 21157

2) With a straight-nose plier make a square "U" (this will be the base of the stand)
View attachment 21158

#6 ·
Thanks Brazil! :cheers I got a few bikes that need stands, so this will come in handy! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

#9 ·
The only way that I can think of is to replicate the real thing, with a pin that goes through the wheel axle. If the axle is hollow it would be easy, but if not, you would have to make a support that gripped firmly the swing arm. You could make a "U" bracket where the swing arm would fit into, but it would have to be tight and it could scratch the swing arm.
I'll have to think about that one more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.