DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on an exchange of interests other than Diecasts with Guitardave, Jeff suggested we open up a thread here in the Miscellaneous section.
Anyone else out there into Guitars ?
For Jeff, here's the slim body jazz Ibanez. I don't know how to add more files :confused

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Here's my axe and rig - 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom, Peavey 5150 EVH amp and a Marshall JCM900 (four 12" speakers).

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sean, now thats a mother of an amp & speaker set up..........Awesome.

I just have a couple of old guitars, a cheapo Ashton accosutic, & a stuffed up electric "pick ups are dead" soon to upgrade.

Looking forward to getting a better guitar, where as the strings are closer to the fretboard instaed of being like the golden gate bridge over the water like my guitar :giggle

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks, Mike! Since the wife and kids have been home, I've left it out. So far the kids haven't messed with either the amp or guitar (which is kept in the case when I'm not playing).

I know what you mean about the distance between strings. One of the reasons I really like my Les Paul.

Sean

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
:lol

I've never been anywhere where going past 2 would hurt the ears!!!

Sean

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Here's my other money pit we like to call hobbies!!

Left to right: Ibanez JS2000 (Joe Satriani Signature); Ovation Celebrity electro-acoustic; Epiphone Les Paul Standard

The amp is Laney's LC30. Only 30 watts, but with full valve power I've still never experienced more than about 4 on the volume control, and that was in a field!! I also have a Digitech multi-FX pedal which provides all the effects I want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Boy, feels like Christmas when you start putting everything out on the floor like this. Here are some more from my Guitar-Car collection. :cheers
Gibson Les Paul / Squire Strat / Shergold Custom Masquerador / Ibanez Slim body Jazz / Line 6 fifty watt stereo amp with switch pedal / Roland effects board / Roland Chorus pedal / 1-18 Jaguars - Brundle le Mans XJR 12 and McQueens XKSS roadster / Toyota GT 1 / Porshe 917K / Bentley Speeed 8 / Audi R8 - no more room in the pic for the others....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I'd love to have Christmas at your place if that's the kind of gifts Santa leaves!!! All the old bearded guy ever gave me was gloves and underwear!!! :lol

Cool guitars guys!!

Sean

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Very impressive pics, gents! Seems like the Les Paul is pretty popular around here.

I spend most of my day teaching myself how to play guitar which I've been doing for over 2 years. Typically with this setup: Washburn Maverick BT-4 > Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 wah pedal > Danelectro FAB D-1 Distortion (was free with the Cry Baby) > Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA reissue (the greatest pedal ever!!!) > Behringer GMX-212 (100 watts [two 50 watt Jensen speakers]). So here's some pictures:

Above: Yamaha FG110 that I tought myself to play on (the strings on it are probably about 30 years old), Epiphone Les Paul Jr that I got for $40, Behringer GMX-212, Washburn Maverick BT-4, my most prized possession :happy

Above: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 wah pedal & Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA, a truly phenomenal fuzzbox/distortion

Above: My BOSS DS-2 which isn't really the greatest

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Dunlop Cry Baby and the Big Muff - with that combination most of my favourite tones are covered.
Perhaps there could be a sub-thread to this one. Now that we've got some guitar players tagged it would be interesting to know what styles (or guitarist) each one prefers.....
Thoughts anyone ?

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I always use tons of distortion and I like a lot of low end but with a good amount of mids, usually I prefer a sort of alternative/grunge tone (like Mudhoney + Smashing Pumpkins), so the Big Muff Pi is perfect for that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.