DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Highway 61 68 Dart in Navy Blue, I just love the way this piece looks.

Does anyone have it and if so, please give me some feedback.

$40 price doesn't seem bad for it.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I see them at my local shop all the time and I go there expecting to get one, but Dennis alway has something else that catches my attention. I plan to get one some day!
Through the box, they don't seem to have the BMF issues that some other HW61s have.

Darts are not on top of my list as far as hot looks, but I think this it will make a great addition to my Mopar family. :giggle

Go ahead jump in!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both of these are by Highway 61, photos courtesy of Diecasfast.

68 Dart Custom, 1 0f 504

68 Dart

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
The blue one is the one I mean to pick when I see it! I like the stock look.

I don't know if the Darts ran aginst the T-bolts. Probably not since they ran in different years. :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you prefer the Stock look over the Custom?

I do to, but I really like the blacked out hood.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the red one. Darrick, why don't you get both :giggle

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about it, but the red one is double the price of the stock version.

Not sure what all it has, but I'm not going to pay double for it :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think that the red one is a SuperCars LE street/strip and the blue one is just a regular Hot Wheels/61 production version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Have you guys seen the all black one? I have the all red one, and a silver one, but I saw the all black one with dog dish hubcaps, and it just looked wicked....I guess thats my next purchase

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have any pics Rob?

I may have seen the one you are referring to, if its the same one I am thinking, I think that one has a smaller motor in it.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Nevermind! Just go with the blue one then!!! I really liked the red one. What is double the price equate to? $80 US?

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got this model the other day. I took you guys suggestions as well as my wallet capacity and went with the blue one.

Honestly, its a little bittersweet. This indeed must be one of HW61's first releases or something as it is not up to standard considering some of my other Highway 61 models.

I'll post some pics in a little while if time doesn't run out on me tonight.

But just a brief overview.

+The subject matter is great.
+Accuracy seems to be pretty spot on from comparison pics.
+Smooth paint which is applied evenly.
+Better than average engine.
+Sliding front seats.
+Real seatbelts.

-The worst vinyl roof I have ever saw on a model.
-The worse excuse of BMF that I ever saw on a model, its painted on.
-No working suspension.
-Did I mention the roof :pullhair

I will snap some pics later, if it wasn't for the roof and painted on BMF, I would reccomend this model. If someone was to ask me if itsa good purcahse, I would say yes if your paying under $30 for it.
-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BMF=Bare Metal Foil= its whats used to represent the chrome trim around the windows.

I'll post some pices and point it out.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I see; thanks, Darrick.

I am looking forward to those pictures. Sorry to hear of the disappointments with this car; this is one I really intended (at some point) to add to my collection, so your pictures will be a great tool to see if I still plan to do so. :cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts