DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
BOO!

Exterior: This is undoubtedly one of the best few models Maisto has ever made. One could easily mistake it for an Autoart, at least based on the exterior. The proportions and scale are perfect, the stance is right, and the paint is excellent. The paint looks like an accurate factory color, a sharp metallic black with small flakes. The lights are superb with no visible attachment stubs. The front turn indicators, though, are painted on. The decals, front and back, are either stickers or tampos, but look good. The grillework isn't bad for the most part, although it is not perforated. The exhaust pipes are hollowed out.
ACCURACY: 9 DETAIL: 10

Wheels/Undercarriage: The undercarriage looks about right, although I don't think I've seen a picture of the real car's underside. The wheels may be the best part of the car, though. The wheels themselves are shaped and detailed nicely, with the Lamborghini emblem on each one. Through the spokes one can see the large rotors, nicely detailed themselves, although they don't move with the wheels. The calipers stay put and feature the Lamborghini script. The tires are unmarked.
ACCURACY:8 DETAIL: 9

Interior: This is the only part of the model that is lacking. If it were better detailed and finished, it really could give the Autoart a run for its money. The Gallardo features the same cement-gray interior of the mass-production SLR. This means that EVERYTHING is finished in the same, drab, gray plastic - even the pedals (which are too big, by the way)! The seats are decently molded and are a bit soft, although the gray paint on them is a bit thin. The wheel and dashboard are acceptably detailed, but oddly the car features both the "F1" paddles and an oversized shifter. Of course, there is no carpet.
ACCURACY: 6 DETAIL: 8

Engine/Features: The engine looks okay - from what I can see. I can't get the engine cover open quite far enough without forcing the cover open too much. Then again, the 1:1 Gallardo's V-10 isn't much to look at either. The model features opening doors, engine cover, and "trunk."
ACCURACY: 8 DETAIL: 8

Value:
I overpaid at Sharper Image, but that's okay. I don't know that I would spend the money for an Autoart version as I don't like the Gallardo THAT much. Nevertheless, this is a superb model and definately recommended.
SUBJECTIVE RATING: 94/100

Review added to the DX Model Review Database on 14-OCT-2005

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Wow!!!.....looks like Cinderella traded her old pumpkin ride for a fastest way to find her lost glass shoe! :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice Jack-o-Lambo, MED!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Cool Idea :cheers

I just got back from a pumpkin/apple farm :happy

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Maybe he had his Halloween mask on already... that's why he couldn't see clearly! :lol :lol :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts