DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always was a bit bothered that my Maserati 250F had no numbers on it. After all, this was a track car, but CMC decided to not produce it with numbers. So I ordered a set of decals and transformed mine into Il Maestro's car at the ring:

The end result was pretty cool, and it was a total walk in the park to do the job :nicejob. What did get me upset was this:

I've heard stories about this and there you have it :mob.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even if they did, the thing is revetted to the support on th base. I don't think I could ever change just the windshield without breaking something.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
There's no other explanation because the model is kept inside a glass box away from direct light or excessive heat. Last year I noticed it had very small cracks starting in the upper lip, but they were very small and I didn't give much thought about it. But last week I inspected the car and there they were.
:smack

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I purchased one from a reputable dealer and noticed it when i received it. They exchanged right away and the one i got was perfect. I took a close look at it today (1 year later) and THERE IT IS!!! Cracked like the one pictured!!! I am VERY dissapointed and will contact CMC about it. It is not an easy fix.

What a mess.........

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Feeling sorry for your windshield...

...but glad that you could make the race look you wanted in the first place :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
That is very annoying Luc! At least the conversion to Fangios car looks superb.

I wonder if CMC corrected this problem on later manufacturing runs of this model? (It's the last on my 2007 wishlist that I haven't got yet) :cheers

G

·
That's a real worry and poor darts on a model of that price. I've ordered a Fangio car when they are made so I hope the problem is rectified by then.
I haven't purchased a CMC model yet, and this is making me reconsider.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Sorry to see that, Luc (and sorry to hear about it from you other guys). Maybe after a year and a half I'll have to change my mind and agree it wasn't Model of the Year.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Well, you could just consider it race damage I guess....

Such a shame that this beautiful model now has a fault that can't be fixed.
Sorry to hear of this, guys.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan on sending this pic to CMC. I'm not going to ask for a spare part, because 1) I don't think I could fix it, because of where it is and how it's glued to the base, and 2) I think it would be VERY probable that if I did get a replacement part it would be a left over from the bad batch, so in two years I would have a problem again.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine started out with cracks smaller then those last year, but they got bigger :dizzy. Looks like it will be the same with yours as well. :mob

When did you send them the e-mail?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.