DiecastXchange Forum banner

Has anyone ever bought any Shelby Collectibles 1:18 models? Boss 302, GT500, or anything?

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  cwbs 
#1 ·
Does anyone have either the 2013 Boss 302 or 2013 GT500 1:18 scale models? I'm looking for a review or just feedback for anyone who owns either the Boss 302 or GT500 model. I know the 2013 GT500 model is out of print. I believe Shelby Collectibles stopped making this model because of quality control issues because I see many for sale that have issues with plastic pieces falling off such as the headliner, rearview/sideview mirror, and random interior plastic pieces not glued in properly. Still, it is the only 1:18 scale 2013 GT500 model I know of and you can get it many different color combos such as black with matte black stripes like I wanted it optioned with in real life.

The 2013 Boss 302 is still readily available in every color combination it actually came in, in real life, like the GT500 model does. Just curious if anyone has bought any of their models and can give some feedback about them. I know the mid 60s Ford GT40s they make have very well detailed engines and only cost around $60. I don't expect them to be masterpieces since I see them go for around $55-$120+, but they look well detailed for a model that is on the lower end price-wise. Just curious about their models, because I don't hear much about them or see anyone ever posting a picture where I can spot one of their models in someone's 1:18 collection.

I found a very good comparison thread between an Exoto GT40 and Shelby Collectibles GT40. It is from 2013 though, but I expect the quality to be more or less the same for both models. Can't really complain, the Shelby version is only $60 and the Exoto version cost several hundred more.

https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/80418-comparison-ford-gt40-mkii-exoto-vs-shelby-collectibles/

Anyways i'm more so looking for feedback for either the 2013 Boss 302 or GT500. I completely understand it's not in the least like an AUTOart model. Thanks for any help you can provide. It's greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#5 ·
Not recent, but re-issues of their GT40 line.
I made a beginners mistake in getting a MKII 1966 Daytona 24 hours winner.
The basic shape is good, but race specific differences are not implemented.
Compared to the new(?) Spark version the Shelby is wrong in so many ways.

My fault for not engaging brain before purchase....

#6 ·
I'm looking for a review or just feedback for anyone who owns either the Boss 302 or GT500 model.

Just curious if anyone has bought any of their models and can give some feedback about them.

Anyways i'm more so looking for feedback for either the 2013 Boss 302 or GT500.
You want opinions on any of their models, or just the two you mentioned?

I happen to have a GT500 KR, not the same spec as the ones you're after but underneath paint and wheels and other details they should be all from the same mold. Here's the pros and cons imo:

Pros:
+ the shape is accurate enough
+ windows on doors

Cons:
- solid front grilles
- dog leg hinges on doors

I have it stored in the attic, so right now I can't make a size and shape comparisson with a Autoart 5th gen Mustang, but I always had the impression that the Shelby Collectibles variants are slightly bigger, maybe 1:17.

Pricewise, it's a $40 to $60 model, I wouldn't pay more than $60 tbh, but that's just me.

Here's some old photos of mine:

#7 ·
I found a very good comparison thread between an Exoto GT40 and Shelby Collectibles GT40. It is from 2013 though, but I expect the quality to be more or less the same for both models. Can't really complain, the Shelby version is only $60 and the Exoto version cost several hundred more.

https://www.diecastx...y-collectibles/
I have only a GT40, so I think I can't say much more than what you can see in this thread.
Anyway I say that, having it "real", it's a nice model, especially for its price.
I'm happy about it, and I'm a collector that doesn't like too much lower end models, because they don't look good close to other ones.

Exoto for sure is better (now I'd have a look, for sure, to Spark ones), but the Shelby collectibles is really nice looking and has a very good quality for its price.

Mine is the 1966 Le Mans car (the movie starring), this time I don't want to know errors from slartibartfast
, but at least it's a rhd (I saw also lhd, not correct).
It has solid grills (including rear), but they don't look so bad. Maybe headlights, under the cover, could be better.
Comparing to Spark model and pictures found on the internet, the front stripes colour is much different (orange on Spark, red on Shelby), and also the rear low structure (blue on Spark, black on Shelby), but I'm not sure what the correct colours are: there are a couple of pictures on wikipedia that let me think that Shelby colours are not worse than Spark ones).

#10 ·
I'm looking for a review or just feedback for anyone who owns either the Boss 302 or GT500 model.

Just curious if anyone has bought any of their models and can give some feedback about them.

Anyways i'm more so looking for feedback for either the 2013 Boss 302 or GT500.
You want opinions on any of their models, or just the two you mentioned?

I happen to have a GT500 KR, not the same spec as the ones you're after but underneath paint and wheels and other details they should be all from the same mold. Here's the pros and cons imo:

Pros:
+ the shape is accurate enough
+ windows on doors

Cons:
- solid front grilles
- dog leg hinges on doors

I have it stored in the attic, so right now I can't make a size and shape comparisson with a Autoart 5th gen Mustang, but I always had the impression that the Shelby Collectibles variants are slightly bigger, maybe 1:17.

Pricewise, it's a $40 to $60 model, I wouldn't pay more than $60 tbh, but that's just me.

Here's some old photos of mine:

[/quote]

Appreciate this! This is as close to the same chassis I can get. The detail looks good for a $50-60 model IMO. It's just that they are the only company that make the Boss 302 and 2013 GT500.

#11 ·
The orange Bos 302 looks sweet. There is a local seller offering the 40th Anniversary Hertz Special Edition Shelby GT-H for AUD$40 but I am on the fence though as I would personally prefer a brighter colour Mustang and the solid front grill is bit of a letdown me think. And cwbs thinks that Shelby Collectibles' Mustang is slightly over scaled which I did not know about so thanks for the info. Would be somewhat annoyed if the Mustang is off scale and bit too big when parked next to other similar sized cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.