DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GT Handbuilt & Diecast Model Cars has large ads in "Toy Cars & Models" and "Diecast X"
so I figured I would give them a try.
When I called to order the fellow answering the phomne didn't give me a lot of confidence. It was for a htf AUTOart and he acted like he could just get them from AUTOart :giggle

I thought to myself that I would never see this order.

Well, I just checked my online banking and I see that the jag charged my credit card already :pullhair

I will call him first thing in the morning but jeez, what a thing to do.
Believe me, the cars in question are not to be found and even if they were, I do not believe that it is proper to take someones money until you have the product to sell.

I was just wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with this place?

G

·
Jeff, the owner's name is William Spielberg. I met him once when he still had his store in PA. Has since closed the shop but deals on line only. He had a very nice layout and a wide selection of 1/18th diecasts, but for the most part the prices were suggested retail. Only exceptions are those sales advertised in the magazines. I've inquired once or twice on model availablility and never purchased from the guy so I can't vouch on his business practices. Hope things work out for you.

Keep us posted.

Alex B.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've always wondered about this company too as he does have many older models. I always assumed he never updates his inventory.

I've emailed him several times but never a reply so that's a red flag for me. Yes I can call but it wasn't that important.

You're right, vendors should NOT charge if they can't confirm inventory but unfortunately I've dealt with more than a few who do this.

Don't they still get charged a credit card fee even if they credit you back? Why not confirm if they can supply the order first?

Keep us updated.

G

·
I have actually shopped with him many times.. (i live about 30 mins from the old store) he has since moved into a wharehouse and is selling online until his new shop is finished. he should have a decent amount of older cars in stock still. He is good friends with the guys at DVA (1/43 handbuilts) yes most things are about MSRP, and all i have ever bought off of him were consignment models. I got the same feeling from him when i first started going to his old shop, but the more i talked to him the more of a nice guy he seemed to be. hope this can help.

Matt

G

·
last i talked to him he wasnt sure.. bout a month ago when i called about some exoto's... right now i think hes prob a lil slow on new merch.. as he told me he pretty much just gets what hes shipped at the moment, but that hopefully the store should open soon..

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, guys :cheers

I will find out more today when I call him.

Seeing that CC charge really got me going because like I said, at the time of the order, I knew I was never going to see these cars..

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I talked to him last night and he claimed that he is getting the cars today.
I find that hard to believe as the car has been reported as sold out for a long time but we will see as if he does, I should have tham by the end of the week.

Some sort of story about having to bill for the cars at point of sale because he had to order them from the AUTOart warehouse in Cali, I will give him a few more days....

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, all I will say about this company is that I would not buy diecast from them if they were the last people selling them.
I would rather take up a new hobby.

Never dealt with a more "uneducated about what you are selling" dealer in my life

I finally got a refund on thursday on cars that were never going to be delivered.
Why he charged me in advance, without teling me, for something he didn't have and was not going to ever get is beyond me.

Maybe my experience was unique? I don't know :confused
But I would be very careful before I gave this company my CC number.
His website showing something in stock does not seem to indicate anything.

G

·
im sad to hear about this.. the guy there is the one who got me into collecting "big time" and i wish the outcome had been different for you....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello:

Is mr. Spielberg still around? Just to clarify we (DVA Models) we are not friends with him. We used to sell him models until he gave us a bad check as payment for $ 2,800.00 for models personally delivered to his store in Norristown and then sent another bad check for $ 500.00. After 3 months and many friendly tries to solve the problem on our side and a ton of lies from his side we took him to court. He didn`t showed up to the trial and we won by default, then he appealed, then he had the day postponed because appeal date was on a day he couldn`t show up. Finally 15 months later he showed up in court and apologies in a thousand ways in front of the Judge saying it was all his fault and that I am an awesome person. We won judgment for $ 2800.00 but never collected it as he filed bankrupcy shortly after this. We just decided to stop chasing him as he obsviously was an artist in juggling around situations he really had lots of experience with. When we went to Court we saw in the court record he had so many cases of banrupcies connected with him, many also as alias names (his name spelled in a different way). Just a way to lose time and money to chase him.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I tried to get a hold of him through email to inquire about some of the models on his site. I haven't gotten a clear answer... when he does he says that his assistant must have deleted the email by mistake and that he has been in and out of the hospital.
I've bought from him on ebay in the past and didn't have any problems, but I've never met him. The guys lives down the street from me too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.