DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You spot a car (black Enzo) you want but it is on the top shelf (Walmart). While you try to get help, you spot another diecast you want (Yellow '03 Cobra). Not wanting to spend more than ($20) on that trip, you leave knowing that the (black Enzo) is safely tucked away awaiting your eventual return. Lo-and-behold, in the meantime the store (walmart) reconfigures for the holidays and puts all of them on the bottom shelf. When you return, you frantically search the stack, only to realize that since they are now marked-down to $10, your (black Enzo) is long gone and some one else got a great deal.

Sounds familiar? :lol

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Missing a diecast because you think it still will be available the next time?
So many times.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I can't say I'm in that territory anymore. I just buy cars online now. WHEW! :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Yup, I missed out on a Maisto Porsche Carrera GT once from Wal-mart. It took me many months before I found one of those again.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
You bet. The white 24h dtm for me. I left it behind in favor of the silver d2. Took me more than 2 years, a little push from DX to remind me what i am missing, a lot of phone calls and a 20 min walk back and forth to locate the tiny hobby shop having it with them from wat looked like a very long time. I think it was all worth it in the end.

G

·
This happen wayyyyyyyyyy too many times to me.

The most painful one was of a toy that I could have gotten for $50. The darn thing was in my hands!!!! I put it down, thinking that it'll be here when I come back next time. Yeah, right.... :nutkick

That was the last time I saw this toy for sale here in the States.

Just recently, this particular toy auctioned for $500 + dollars. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that.

What's worse than missing out on a toy that's now worth 10 times it's value?

PAYING that amount for it.

Collecting is not just a hobby. It's an adventure.

G

·
Too many times to admit, for me. That's why when I see something I know that I will regret if it's gone, I'll snatch it up then. I spend many nights kicking myself over the Minichamps F1 Ferraris I could have purchased...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
acisne said:
You spot a car (black Enzo) you want but it is on the top shelf (Walmart). While you try to get help, you spot another diecast you want (Yellow '03 Cobra). Not wanting to spend more than ($20) on that trip, you leave knowing that the (black Enzo) is safely tucked away awaiting your eventual return. Lo-and-behold, in the meantime the store (walmart) reconfigures for the holidays and puts all of them on the bottom shelf. When you return, you frantically search the stack, only to realize that since they are now marked-down to $10, your (black Enzo) is long gone and some one else got a great deal.

Sounds familiar? :lol
You spot a car (Green E Type) you want but it is on the top shelf (local toy shop). While you try to get help, you spot another diecast you want
(1954 Green Mk2 Jaguar). Not wanting to spend more than (£30) on that trip, you leave knowing that the (Green E Type) is safely tucked away awaiting your eventual return.
Lo-and-behold, in the meantime the store (local toy shop) reconfigures for the holidays and puts all of them on the bottom shelf. When you return, you frantically search the stack, only to realize that since they are now marked-down to £22.99, your (Green E Type) is long gone and some one else got a great deal.

I am pleased that it doesn't only happen to me :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts