DiecastXchange Forum banner

Have a question on a mod? making interior less shiny

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Julza 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know I made up a word but what I am wanting to do is take some of the shine off the interior on some budget models.
Do I use some specific type of clear that will make the seats and door panels looks a bit more dull (and less cheap looking)?

The more info (as to brand and type) the better.

Thanks! :cheers

#2 ·
Hi Max Power, do you mean you want more of a 'matte' finish on the interior trim to add to the realism? The only thing I can suggest is perhaps a thin coat of paint over all the parts to achieve this. However, maybe some of the more skilled enthusiastics can suggest a product such as a dull clear sealant
:cheers

#3 ·
Also, from memory you could also try something like 'Krylon Matte Finish Spray' or similar which can be used on photos/pictures etc. This reduces the reflective surface (eliminating light reflection), but I'm not sure if it will bond with the plastic interior of your models.

Regards,
Julza

#4 ·
Jeff, if you are wanting to "dull down" interior parts such as seats to give them a more natural vinyl look, you can use a semi-gloss clear coat. I use Model Masters Acrylic #4637/Semi-gloss clear. It comes in a 1 oz. jar. I apply mine with a brush, but I believe you can find semi-gloss clear coats out there in a spray can. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.