DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Just seen this 'Norev' Kawasaki 750 and this Kwaka 900 on the 'bay...but to me they look just like the old Solido releases....

Does anyone know if Norev have bought the moulds then??? If so it would be great to see some of the rarer ones re-released...

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Aren't they both French firms Ed...Maybe they wanted to just keep it belonging to a French company,... But i do know their models are made in China.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Solido are part of the "Simba Dickie Gorup", along with Majorette, Schuco and Tamia (I think). So far I haven't seen any evidence of Norev being part of the same group or being affiliated with Solido. But I might be wrong.
I think this is more of a case of using old molds. I've already mentioned the models that are on sale and the ones that were announced here:

http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/72198-new-norev-bikes-in-118-are-available-for-sale/

I own some of them as well as Solido's versions (some were actually Majorette originally), and I can say that the Solidos are a touch better. If you have the chance buy the Solido version, but if only the Norev is available it's still good, plus they offer some new colors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts