DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this one, I have done a lot of mods to make it look better. Fitted F40 wheels, detailed the engine and interior and lots of other bits of the car. :danbana
Special thanks to Maestro286 (where are you) for his idea on the front lights and Sir Gary for the idea on the F40 wheels! :cheers

I'll let the pictures speak! :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job Rico.

The F40 wheels look much nicer than the originals. The colour scheme in the interior looks good too.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats Rico , it looks great :cheers

How did you get your rims sitting flush ? Did you trim down the inner stub where it mounts onto the axle ?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Very,very nice job! I just compared yours with mine and there is no comparison! :coolpics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That reminds me of my very first diecast... which I destroyed :cry :giggle

Rico, that looks great man! :tongue
The detailing is superb and the F40 wheels idea is excellent! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Gary, I trimmed the axles, you know the thinnest part on the near end of the axle, I extended that further inwards with a dremel, the wheels are still unmodded and they even turn! It was a bit harder but it's much better. :cheers

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Looks great :nicejob
Hehe, looks like several 1/18 Bburago and Hot Wheels Ferraris have been undergoing detailing here lately :tongue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Venom! I think especially Bburago's are very nice to work with, you can practise painting skills on them. And they look soo much better when detailed! Almost all my Bburago Ferrari's have been detailed :giggle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts