DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all….. in an effort to make better use of spare time (rather than sat on my phone!) I thought I’d get my very old Bburago models off the garage shelf and give them a good clean up!
a couple of YouTube videos later and a clean went to a repaint and now I’m modding the most “used” of the 3 to a race car! 🤣

will put some picks up later…. Any tips and hints would be welcome! 😁

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some of the dusty and chipped original…. This was a favourite in my younger days. Heavily played with! So far fully stripped everything, cleaned and put back together. All metal work stripped and sanded, will be making some adjustments to make it more race car…. Splitter, skirts, wing, might even look at a very small arch extension … almost using this as a practice model to try out…. Don’t mind making a mess of this one!
looking to strip the interior (or at least give it that look!) will spray a flat black and may look at some decals of carbon or Kevlar….. started a roll cage, made lots of errors, isn’t perfect but it fits (kinda) and again,got to learn somehow! Thinking of a really loud colour for the cage to contrast against the black interior…. Possibly add some foil for the floor or silver to show exposed metal.

final image is a rough look that I’m aiming for…

Attachments

· Registered
5,292 Posts
Welcome from the black hole of diecast, Central Texas!

I’ve been trying to modify 1/18 scale diecast since the mid-90’s.

Lots of us here who can help you out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts