DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant decide what i want next. i just got a Hot Wheels Z06 vette and i love it! i thought about the AUTOart one but i couldnt justify the price on it (same thing even though the interior and engine bay is a little more detailed). i have seen the pics and i think i got a better deal with the Hot Wheels. anyway, i was thinking about getting the C6R, then i thought about the C5R which is cheaper right now. ok both of those are cool but what about a Ford GT, Viper, or Saleen S7? looked those up on ebay and all were very nice. still thinking and i came up with the FXX. well i am playing around on ebay and i came across the 2003 Escalade by Ricko. i have the Sixteen concept and the CTS-V so i thought about getting the Escalade to complete the Ricko Cadillac's. well more playing around on ebay and i came across the Maserati MC12, which is really cool looking. so more fooling around and the Bentley Continental GT came up which led to the Bugatti Veyron. i just cant decide!
wish i had the money for all of them but i dont.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The C6R is also sealed, so if that's a problem for you, like it is for many of us, I'd definately choose the C5R over it. Neither of the Saleen S7's out there are particularly good. I have a MotorMax one, and it's quite crude, and just has a crappy engine insert. The Hot Wheels, on the other hand, is a slightly better model, but doesn't even have an engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
what is with these sealed models? i buy the car so i can see everything... INCLUDING THE ENGINE! if i am paying 80 bucks for a car its hood had better open! im leaning toward C5R anyway, didnt know the C6R was sealed. that is what pissed me off about the CTS-VR that i bought. i got it and i couldnt believe the hood didnt open. so no, no sealed model for me until the prices come WAAAAY down. ok so x out the C6R and Saleen. Continental GT's are still too expensive as are the Veyrons so im gonna x them out. seen a Viper at the store the other day so i might get it instead of paying extra for s&h so i'll x it out. so that still leaves me at C5R, Escalade, MC12, or FXX.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having had the Hot Wheels Z06 in my collection and then getting rid of it prior to getting the AUTOart version, I can honestly say that You can't go wrong with the Hot Wheels.

If I had to make the decision to do it all over again, I would have kept the Hot Wheels.

I know there are a lot collectors who have the "AUTOart" logo tattoed on their body because they love the brand so much - but in reality, their Z06 is marginally better than the Hot Wheels. So if its price thats influencing your decision - Hot Wheels is the way to go. If you don't mind spending the extra monies, then you will recieve a marginally better model.

Allow me to say prior to the purchase - AUTOart used the very same engine insert from the Coupe and Convertible on their Z06. It does have the correct valve covers, but the battery is wrong.

Hot Wheels is similar with this flaw, but doesn't show the battery as detailed as the AUTOart.

That little detail may seem small, but not so when you consider the engine on the Z06 is what actually separates it from the Coupe and Corvette.

So that little inaccuracy is a lot easier to swallow from a cheaper model in some respects.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I agree with Darrick that for the money the best Z06 is the Hot Wheels, although for me it came down to the rims. Even though I paid $50 over the price of the Hot Wheels, AUTOart nailed the wheels perfectly and they look identical to the 1:1. The wheels are one of the best features of the new Z06 so I had to have one that looked like it. Sure, the yellow isn't Velocity Yellow, or is it??? :giggle but it looks pretty close in the sunlight. I compared it to my Hot Wheels 360 Modena's yellow and it's very similar. Of course the red is just as nice too :cheers

My choice would be the Veyron :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well... i guess if rims were what you were after then the 50 bucks was easier to swallow :giggle but not for me! you guys are right the Hot Wheels was the better bang for the buck. i guess my only complaint is yeah the battery is supposed to be in the trunk but no worries there as you cant really tell its a battery, and the paint on the rear hatch (in certain light) looks like a different shade.

onto the next purchase, i think i am going with the C5R. not 100% sure but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Let me help you out... Forget those and get a 1/12 Ducati made my Minichamps. You will be blown away with them!!!

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
John,
Corrupt is such a harsh word. I like to think of it as 'helping one to broaden one's horizons'!!! :giggle

Sean

p.s. OOPS...I think I accidentally post some pics of one!!! :help

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Low,
Spoken like a true Ducatista!!! Go get'em!!! There are lots more pics of the bikes in the Motorcycle Gallery - check them out too!!!

I do have to make an appology though. I really high-jacked the thread - BIG TIME! Sorry about that!

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have an MC12 and its one of my favourite 1/18's. It is realistic in every sense and even has the targa roof too add on. There are a ouple of annoying things that looks a little unrealistic but other than that its very god and looks great. Hihgly Recommended

I was thinkking of getting a few bikes, i didn't know they were that good in detail :tongue .

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Ahhh yes Grasshopper... You haven't seen anything yet! :lol

The Minichamps bikes are truely stunning!

Sean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah your telling me, a little resarch and my wallet is going to be taking a bashing!!!

Thank God for making Minichamps! :yahoo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.