DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gents,

The reason I started this awkward poll is because I wanted to give AUTOart one last desperate shot as I wanted to contact them because of my recent purchase misfortune.

(Caution: Long)

First and foremost, I want to again thank Matt (mec011) for the heads up on these last 2 models that I bought. :cheers

One of the 2 models was the 1997 Sebring winning, Viper GTS-R #51 that I was really excited about, especially because I thought it was a steal of $45. Turns out this one is one of those models that everybody can touch (at least it seems that way) because it was extremely dirty, had a broken spoiler that seems to have been re-glued before, peeling decals and no shipping straps. So when it was shipped to me, the engine cover had been all over the place causing a few paint chips here and there (really bad packaging). Worst of all, I find one of the rear wheels was permanently glued. I tried to make the best of it up until that point.

The seller, however, did leave a note saying that both mirrors were missing so he gave me a $20 credit, which I thought was cool when I saw it in my statement before this shipment arrived. He also added a 1:43 Ferrari "Competizione," which I also thought was cool up until I started opening the boxes. He did mention about giving me a gift car because it had taken him 3 weeks to get these delivered when I called him on Tuesday.

Sure, I made a mistake for buying these so compulsively over the phone. But how would I know it would all end up like this?... :confused

... Lesson learned, indeed. :nutkick

So going back to my question, who here has been succesful at getting AUTOart to reply to a message, and how quickly did they respond?

I was thinking of asking for a pair of side mirrors and parts to replace the rear wheels. Or I have the option of returning this car and moving on.

Would the lucky few mind sharing the secrets (if any)???

:feedback

Many thanks in advance :cheers :cheers :cheers
Gian

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
WOW, that sucks, Gian. I'm afraid I can't help you. I've never e-mailed AUTOart. The only flawed AUTOart I've gotten, I e-mailed the distributor about. I hope this turns out well for you. :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
That sucks big time Gian!!! :ranting :ranting :ranting
I hope you can get it repaired with AUTOart's help :tempted
I e-mailed AUTOart a few times and they always replied. Mostly it was about cars being released, but one time it was about a wheel that was broken on the Ford Expedition Himalaya, and they sent me a new wheel :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna
So I haven't had any problems with AUTOart so far :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've emailed AUTOart twice for missing parts.

1st time was for a missing hand brake lever for a 350Z. AUTOart never replied to the email, but they did send a part (although it was the gear shift instead of the hand brake). So they get a B for effort.

2nd time I needed a door mirror for a Mini Cooper S. Again, no email reply, but just today I received not just one mirror, but eight! Two sets of white mirrors (for the regular Mini S) and two pairs of black mirrors (for the S with optional kit, which is what I needed)! They get an A+ this time around.

:nicejob

Good luck on getting your parts from AUTOart!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the input. :cheers

I decided to return the Viper today though, as I realized the car was too beat up to fix, and my chances of getting AUTOart to help me out were slim.

Thanks all again :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
SundaysM3 said:
I decided to return the Viper today though, as I realized the car was too beat up to fix, and my chances of getting AUTOart to help me out were slim.
I think that was a good decision. Two of my Vipers have dried up & cracked decals. My #94 is missing a small piece of decal that is supposed to look like carbon fibre. I think there's little chance of getting AUTOart to supply you replacement decals.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
SundaysM3 said:
Sorry to hear of the damaged GTS-R Gian. :crying

I think that was a good decision to return the car. Two of my Vipers have dried up & cracked decals. My #94 is missing a small piece of decal that is supposed to look like carbon fibre. I think there's little chance of getting AUTOart to supply you replacement decals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
StygianMax said:
SundaysM3 said:
Sorry to hear of the damaged GTS-R Gian. :crying

I think that was a good decision to return the car. Two of my Vipers have dried up & cracked decals. My #94 is missing a small piece of decal that is supposed to look like carbon fibre. I think there's little chance of getting AUTOart to supply you replacement decals.
SM-try here for some CF decal sheets. It'sawesome stuff and is really easy to use. I was put on to his site and stuff from my friend and member here(yxx).

http://www.f1specialties.com/main/conversions/cf20.php

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I replied "No", because although AutoArt Customer Service never e-mailed me, they did send me two (2) Chaparral rear view mirrors to replace one that was broken when the custodians at my office broke one.

Plus, and Gian, don't know if you are tracking this post anymore, I have a distressed AutoArt Viper that I would be willing to sell you, that has an intact chassis, both mirrors, etc., and I would kick in a Hot Wheels Viper, to boot.

PM me, and let's deal on this!

ps, alternately, I'll also consider taking your distressed Viper from you, for the spare parts.

:wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, since there are quite a few that were succesful in contacting Autoart, what approaches did you use as you e-mailed them?

I'd love for them to help me with my Skyline (door glasses) and my CLK-GTR (missing front MB badge).

:feedback

And many thanks in advance. :cheers

EDIT: What a mistake... :horse

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have emailed on 3 occasions.

The first time I got a reply.

The second I didn't.

The third time, I politely 'requested' a reply. And they did. Granted, the reply wasn't much use. 2 lines of grammatically incorrect stuff, then obviously a 'cut and paste' job from their corporate spiel reminding to me to check out the great AUTOart models in the pipeline.....

Just persevere and you will win through. Good luck Gian!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I replied no but let me explain my experiences. The first time I contacted them, which is around 2 years ago, I had an RX300 which had a bad imperfection in the bumper. They never replied to my message, but I received three bumpers in the mail around two months later. The next time I contacted them was about a few models I was hoping they would make. They did reply to me a few days later. The most recent time I contacted them was about a week ago about my Mercedes G-class. The GPS antenna on the roof fell off and I asked them to send me a new one. I still haven't gotten a response. I have to e-mail them later tonight because I just realized my Maybach 62 doesn't have it's little emblem on the hood. :cry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts