DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow DXers,

As the title says I'm in search for some cool Mercedes AMG style wheels for my 1/18 NOREV Mercedes CLS (the newer CLS) . My CLS is white but I don't like its current stock wheels (and the ride height as you know is not the best) and I wanna put some AMG style ones to make it look more sporty and AMGish. Also, do you know how I can remove its current wheels?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just pull it ;-)

I searched for a long time for AMG style wheels, and i found it on a Class A Norev... they goes on a Kyosho without any modification.

View attachment 144154
Very cool wheels bro! Great job! Is it possible to buy only the wheels instead of buying the whole car? Also, will they fit my CLS ? By the way, I don't think that you can just pull even the front steerable wheels, right?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have two Norev CLS models, and after some hesitation, I pulled the wheels from both cars without any trouble. I have the CLS in Diamond White and Thulite Red. I thought the red car looked better with the darker wheels and the white one looked better with the silver wheels. That said, I think both would look better with AMG-style rims, so that is a tempting project for later. In the meantime, I lowered both cars with small zipties and it made a huge difference. I'd be more excited if my red car wasn't damaged in the process. The metal foil on the chrome trim is rubbed off in a few places, the super glue I used to re-attach a mirror ran, and a taillight is missing some of its clear red paint. My white one is flawless. I plan to keep both for now with the hope of fixing the red car. At least I bought both of them for 50% off!

I wish Norev BMW wheels were this easy to remove. Per my experience, they are usually glued in place. I have a wheel swap in mind for my Frozen Bronze 6er Gran Coupe and not being able to complete it is driving me nuts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts