DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought just today a 1:18 Bburago Ferrari Testarossa. As it is an old model, the paint has some little chips, in 3 different places. What should I do to correct this? The only paint I have here at home is Tamiya acrylic paint that I use to paint and detail the plastic interiors of the cars. I supose that won't be useful in my situation, would it?

The car has another problem: the front Ferrari decal has peeled off. I have other old dismanteled Bburagos with that emblem intact, but I can't take them off without destroing them. Please help!!! :feedback :feedback

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The emblem can be sourced from the internet and made to scale using a program like photoshop. I stick some transparent tape over the paper before I cut out the emblem to make it look glossy. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For years I have been using acrylic paint (or airplane-kits-paint, as I like calling it) for touch-ups on diecast models and it's been the best next thing to a real paint-job. All you need is a sharp-pointed toothpick and a steady hand. Make sure no paint dollops form on the toothpick's tip when dipping it in paint in order to obtain a nice leveled look. Don't worry if, at first, the added paint looks too shiny or not uniform to the surface. Once dried, it'll level under its own weight.

Good luck! And, while u're at it, try some detailing on that Testarossa. U can't go wrong and it'll turn out great!

:cheers

PS: I second winstoncds on the emblem problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thank you, it was a great help from both of you! I'm going to correct the model defects and, then, heavily costumize it. This time will not only be an interior/engine repainting and detailing job, but a full transformation including carpeting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.