DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I was really happy when I received a parcel this afternoon, because I knew what was inside....a 1995 C class DTM car # 17, driver E. Lohr....At first sight a perfect car....

But when I started taking some pictures, I noticed that the back wheel was a little "wobbly"....I checked it and this is what happened :

It fell of the car...The axl is not broken, but if I try to get the wheel back on, it doesn't stick...I think you have to click the wheel back on, but nothing happens, and I see no damage at all.. :confused ..If I'm going to glue it back on, it will not turn anymore...Does anybody has an idea to fix this ??

Thanks...

(move to the proper thread if necessary please)

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Gunther, I will tell you what you need to do...
You should box up the car and send it to me.
I will fix it and return it promptly, around Dec 1 2025 :wink

Sorry, do mean to joke about your car but it is gorgeous! :cheers

I am afraid i never have dealt with a problem like this but I am sure someone here will know :cheers

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
:giggle Thanks Jeff, it really is an awesome car....even with the wheel off...
perhaps I should buy some kind of 'pit crew'....nobody would see anything wrong...just a tire change.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
First, I must apollogize for my poor technical vocabulary... So, here's an idea, in case the protuberances at the end of the two axle arms, supposed to keep the wheel in place, aren't worn off: try squeezing a small square piece of plastic between the two axle arms, just big enough to require a little force when inserted and stay in place after keeping the arms spread just a bit wider than before. Still, be very careful not to break any of the arms. I'd advice against pushing the small piece of plastic all the way towards the chassis, as that'd be the point where the arms would loose their flexibility and might break.

Next, try putting the wheel back and see how it goes! Your problem might come from one of the arms being partly broken (not enough to fall of, but still...), so, with the risk of repeating myself, be very careful when handling them.

Hope this helps (tell me if it did)!

Cheers! :cheers

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK...that seems a pretty good idea !!...Going to try this...Thanks !! :cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Xeno has a solution there! If you stick something in the "V" of the axle, that something will force the V apart, and then the small "claws" on the end of the two legs of the V will catch on the wheel and it's fixed. Does the V axle turn? If it does, you could also glue it to the wheel, and the wheel would still turn normaly, but you wouldn't be able to pull the wheel apart anymore.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The axle does not turn, so I can't glue the weel on....but I tried Xeno's idea, and it works !!!...I took a little piece of the back of a match and I forced it between the two arms of the axle..Put the wheel back on and it 'clicked'..the wheel still moves more than the others, but it stays on and I think I would have to pull quite hard to get it back off (what I'm not going to try)..

Thanks Xeno for helping me out !!! You're the best ! :3tens :3tens

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm so glad I could help you! I know how I feel when I can fix a model without having to butcher it... :happy

Congrats on your new (and fixed) beautiful model!

:cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation! :cheers

....now this is what I call a low-rider! :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great idea, Xenomorph - simple yet practical!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts