DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henlo DX community! I'm from a small town in south Ontario, Canada. I've always loved cars and my husband loves diecasts, mainly in the 1/64 scale, but I prefer 1/18s. So here I am, hoping to learn more about this hobby and grow old with my hubs 馃槅 sorry to be so lovey dovey but it's only the truth 馃槍 and yes, I will get hubby to join DX too! 馃檪 One last thing - please excuse me if I've asked "girlie" / "silly" questions. can't help it coz we do see things differently from our male counterparts! 馃槅

Registered
Welcome to DX. It's nice to have a woman on board! You can learn a lot about this hobby from the DX members, most of whom collect 1:18 scale pieces (like I do). I'm also glad to hear from someone who realizes that men and women see things differently and admits that those differences are natural and good! :)

Registered
Welcome to DX
From Germany.

Great to have you!
As you can imagine female members are slightly underrepresented here on DX鈥 ;)

With your preference for 1/18 scale you chose the right forum. As Steven said DX is predominantly focused on 1/18 but not exclusively. For me 1/18 is the perfect choice but I also have some 1/64 (it鈥檚 really a fun scale!), a small LSR collection in 1/43 and a museum-like Benz Patent Motorwagen in 1/8.

Do you already have some models or just thinking to give it a start?

Registered
I'm always happy when I see someone getting into this amazing hobby. Happy days. Don't hesitate asking as many question as you want; guys here in this forum are always friendly and ready to help. Me too collect 1/18 and love them.Mostly european and muscle cars. Warm welcome!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to DX
From Germany.

Great to have you!
As you can imagine female members are slightly underrepresented here on DX鈥 ;)

With your preference for 1/18 scale you chose the right forum. As Steven said DX is predominantly focused on 1/18 but not exclusively. For me 1/18 is the perfect choice but I also have some 1/64 (it鈥檚 really a fun scale!), a small LSR collection in 1/43 and a museum-like Benz Patent Motorwagen in 1/8.

Do you already have some models or just thinking to give it a start?
Nope not yet... my collection is mainly Lego sets like speed champions & technics 馃槅 but then I've always have my eyes on diecasts. I guess you can call this a New Year's resolution 馃ぃ馃ぃ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts