DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
that gundam in the upper right hand side is the S gundam booster unit. It's a side story of the gundam universe, where the gundams look like football players, on steroids :giggle

But if you do get the model, do NOT get the old 1:144 one. Get the new HGUC ones (but they don't have the booster unit one, only S and EX-S). Unless you REALLY want the booster unit version, the HGUC is much better in terms of parts breakdown, molding, colour. That model took me forever to paint, and I suck at painting...

And to Roadrunner: If you start getting anime ladies, you'll be addicted, let me warn you! :giggle
A word of advice, start with the American releases of PVC anime figures. They're much cheaper than the exact same thing of the JPN releases, and you can gauge after buying a few (without spending TOO Much) that if you wanna continue this collection. Afterwards, start buying one or 2 cold-cast (porcelain) ones, and see how you like those. As I said I LOVE the cold-cast ones, since there are no mold lines (stupid PVC!) and the colours are more realistic, especially skin tones.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Souky, next time be a gundam! I saw some guy at last last year's anime convention wear a "cardbox gundam" costume, it was hiliarious. He was at the Bandai booth posing too :lol :lol

G

·
For new comers, Gundam Fix Figuration is the way to go. No painting - just open the box and display (a little assembly required if going for the 'ulternative' mode).

And speaking of cold cast statues - My wife have just picked up a really nice Rei (simsuit ver.) figurine. :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
your wife? Wow. Is it the one where Rei is standing in a white swimsuit? The ONLY Rei cold-cast that actually has the right proportions for Rei in the umm... chest... area?

I have the Asuka of that set too, picked up both for a SUPER good price at the anime convention last last year. :giggle

and ya, GFF's are very nice, but are expensive, much more expensive than HGUCs. And I guess I just like to build and paint it, since it gives a greater sense of accomplishment? Ya ya, I'm weird :tease

G

·
That's the one. :cheers

And you have a good point - GFF are rather pricey.

I understand completely regards to buidling & painting models. I used to do a lot of WWII stuff. The sense of accomplishment is like nothing when you've put together a nice model. Very satisfying. :cheers

BTW, I have a 1/35 resin RX-78 Ver. Ka (with bazooka) waiting to be built.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Too bad I suck at painting, and I only do hand brushing... So none of my 1:100 models are completed, except for a few F91 models, as they are only the size of normal 1:144's.

1/35... that's MAHOOSIVE!

Pics of Rei soon, I hope? I've never taken my Rei out of the box, only opened the box to make sure nothing was broken lol. I'm afraid after taking her out, I can't put her back in again, as it seems to be a pretty tight fitting box.

If you want the Kasumi figure, wait another month. In June, there's a costume 2 version of the same figure I have. She's wearing her C2 from the DOA games (have you played them?). Let's just say it's better because... um... there's ...umm... less cloth :lol :lol

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ok, I LOVE that 1/35. But I see 3 problems:

1) that checkered pattern looks... weird
2) that beam rifle seems way too big
3) holy crap, 800$!!!!!!

#3 is the killer, me thinks :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I want that Hi-Nu. Too bad I can't paint for crap, and I have no clue how to work with resin.

Also, there's no good rendition of the Hi-Nu, the kit for the MG was crap...

G

·
The Hi-Nu is pretty sweet. The Geara-Doga looks good also. :nicejob

Yeah, working with resin is a little tricky. Lots of cleaning & work. One good thing about these G-System kits is that they required very little prep work. Most of the time you'll probably spend is cleaning rather than sanding & filling. :cheers

And just incase you've missed the Five Star Story section.

Sorry, I didn't mean to corrupt you with these resin kits. :giggle

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
see, you can't corrupt me with resin kits, cause I have NO clue how to work them. I still have a DOA Tina resin kit sitting in my house somewhere. I only bought it because it was on clearance (around 65 CDN) but I didn't know how to paint/prep/putty etc. Ended up buying the cold-cast version later on for around 75CDN....

Do you want the Tina resin kit? I can sell it to you cheap (or trade u a diecast :giggle )

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
oh well, i guess the kit can continue to collect dust then :giggle

btw, when's your bday? I might just send it to a fellow anime freak... :lol

G

·
That's an awfully nice of you! I appreciated the kind gesture. :cheers

But I have a better idea. Why don't you use this kit to practice working with resin. That way you will be prepared and ready for bigger & more expensive kits in the future. :cheers

PS

This site has excellent tutorials on painting resin figurines. Please check it out.

*Warning: Gallery Section contains mature theme/materials. Not suitable for children.*

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
see, if I start ANOTHER collection/hobby, I'll be even more broke (is that even possible? :giggle ). I've read tutorials on how to work resin, but it seems so complicated. And it seems all recommend using spraypaints, which I think are way too expensive and I've never done an even spraycan coat on anything...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.