DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only found two websites with it listed as "On Order" still (one even said back ordered which is worse).

At $20 I'm thinking that's what I'd have the roommate get but I'm hesitent to order an as of yet unreleased model as the last time I did that I got screwed.

Also is there any quality difference between the different years of Mercedes DTM cars? Some are $25 and others are $29 why the difference? If it's not the Zonda then I'm going with one of the DTM cars.

·
Registered
692 Posts
castrol_supra_gt said:
It seems like Protar have either shelved or scrapped their plans to make the Zonda in 1/18 but MotorMax's version is due for release next month.
That sounds good..............from Motormax..better than nothing :waiting

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Here's a picture of the Motormax Zonda.......Well, it's the picture that there showing us.

I wish they'd update their site to show the actual model and not the ACTUAL Zonda!!!! It raises our expectations to high!!!! :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
allanmodel said:
:iagree but I'm not very happy about it... It is unfortunate that the top manufacturers waste their resources on things like the VW Beetle and the bottom feeders get to make exotics like the Zonda. :confused :ranting :cheers

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Rat said:
allanmodel said:
:iagree but I'm not very happy about it... It is unfortunate that the top manufacturers waste their resources on things like the VW Beetle and the bottom feeders get to make exotics like the Zonda. :confused :ranting :cheers
This is what they say

Motormax Toy manufactures highly detailed die cast and plastic replicas of various kinds of licensed cars, trucks, motorcycles and aircraft. Our car and truck replicas are precision manufactured, true to scale, ranging in size from 1:18 to 1:64. Our motorcycles range in size from 1:6 to 1:24. Our aircraft range in size all the way up to 1:48.

Our products are manufactured in our own factories in China and exported worldwide. Our production is vertically integrated so that we complete the design, engineering and manufacturing process all in our facilities. This assures the best possible quality control.

So this is the best they can do....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
F355spiderMan said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo... Not MotorMax!! :enough

I was wishing for Autoart. :crying
:lol Poor horsey. :giggle

I too wish for AUTOart to produce this model. Exoto would be even better I don't mind paying a "little more" (I use this term very loosely :happy ) for a nicely detailed Zonda. :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:lol

I can't believe only MM is making the Zonda either :ranting :ranting :ranting

But, it is better than nothing at all, and I'm sure with a little "touching up", it might look just fine :giggle

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
FordGT said:
:lol

I can't believe only MM is making the Zonda either :ranting :ranting :ranting

But, it is better than nothing at all, and I'm sure with a little "touching up", it might look just fine :giggle
Well.. it does look like MotorMax is SLOWLY improving slightly. Compared with my most recent MM, the Focus, to my LS430, the LS430 looks like crap....... Horrible paint, ugly wheels, huge gaps, and etc.. I only got the LS430 for what it is.

Perhaps you're right, a little touchup might help :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Getter 3 said:
I too wish for AUTOart to produce this model. Exoto would be even better I don't mind paying a "little more" (I use this term very loosely :happy ) for a nicely detailed Zonda. :cheers
I agree the only contemporary car that I would be willing to pay Exoto money for would be the Zonda!

Now I just hope that MM does a decent job (I haven't seen a model of them before, are they that bad?) and that we'll see it in the shops very soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.