DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member requested some more photos of this car, so here they are as promised :wink

This is Australian racing icon Peter Brocks own road car, a Holden Monaro CV8, this is in one of a kind Portofino Blue colour, which finishes this car of nicely.

The 5.7 liter generation III motor is well represented, the wheels look good with the drilled brake discs & calipers catches the eyes, the interior is nice, with the blue dials, but I feel the steering wheel is the only let down.
Over all, another good car from Biante, I have a few of the other CV8 Monaro's & this is another fine colour to add to the collection.

(Click to see the big picture)

G

·
That shade of blue certainly goes hand in hand with that car :tongue .

Now if there was a way in taking off the Holden badges and putting Vauxhall ones on....... :happy

G

·
Honestly i'm not a big fan of this version of the Monaro. But I must say, stunning model! Those wheels/brakes are some of the best i've seen. That calliper is just begging to be painted red.

I LOVE the HSV GTO version of this car, also made by Biante. I almost bought it not long ago. The only thing that has kept me from buying it is the expensive shipping required to ship them to the U.S. from Australia. I'd have to spend over $100 total, and i'd rather spend that on a couple other models that I want more. I realize Holdens ARE Australian, but it's pretty funny how all the models (that I have seen - in retailers AND on ebay) are only in Australia as well. I did just order a 1:64 copy of it though (also made by Biante), which has a lot cheaper postage costs.

One thing I have always been confused about is the relationship between Vauxhall, Holden, and Pontiac. Each of them have a version of this car - and even more, the Vauxhall Monaro and Holden HSV GTO look EXACTLY alike. I know Pontiac is American, and Holden and Vauxhall are Australian, but what exactly is their relation, if anybody knows by chance?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Vauxhall is for the UK markets. While the basic car will remain the same, some cosmetic changes will be made to suit different regulations and tastes of the different markets.

Congrats Mike. Thats a sharp looking model. Love those wheels.
Nice watermark too in the last pic too. :cheers

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks
That makes sense. I sure wish they sold those Monaros here in the U.S. though. If I bought a Pontiac GTO, i'd definitly try to find a Monaro body kit for it.
On Top Gear (a car show on BBC) the other day, they said Vauxhall is dropping their Monaro :(

G

·
congrats Mike,
that's a good looking car and i agree with toddfx........those calipers would look great painted red.
great photo's to mate :cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts