DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quick review and photoshoot of the 10th generation Honda Accord in the Sport Hybrid trim. If you’re like me and cannot resist the temptation to add ‘daily drivers’ into the 1:18 collection, then this one is worth considering. Much like the other Chinese Dealer Promo editions, this one is fully open-able with lot of neat details like the working panoramic roof and accessible fuel filler door!

There are 2 different releases of this car: The “Sport Turbo” (which closely mimics USDM EX-L Trim) and this “Sport Hybrid”, which I think the intention is to model the Touring Hybrid trim. One of the shortcomings of this car is the smallish wheels. The wheel designs on the Touring should be 19” and this one looks like a 17”. And I had to lower the front ride height as it was way too high. I also painted the body panels around the side window enclosures with flat black to give it a neater appearance when the doors are shut.
Engine details are actually just so-so but it mimics the hybrid correctly. Also the interior is different that the Sport Turbo with its push button shifter. And there is a tool kit underneath the trunk floor.

Dave “DND-Land” reviewed the Sport Turbo version and he commented on how well the exhaust trim the rear bumpers are done. Unfortunately that isn’t the case with the Hybrid Accord as the exhaust is hidden under the car. So if you prefer the sportier look, you may want to look for the Sport Turbo one instead of this Sport Hybrid.
Here’s Dave’s review:

I really like this 1:18 Accord as it really captures the essence and look of the 1:1, from the LED headlight, the tail lights, and the excellent interior details. Highly recommended for the 1:18 daily-driver collectors!

Here are some quick indoor shots of my newly-added 1:18 Accord. Hope you like it

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
First of all, CONGRATS on adding this model Stefanus!!! 👏 It's just crazy, as I was telling you on Facebook that I was looking at buying teh same model and BOOM, you already had it just as I had mentioned that. Great minds and Good friends thinking similar here 😊

Okay, I was also shocked when you said that you also had to lower the front of yours too.o_O I was like FINALLY, they fixed the ride height, but YOU actually fixed it. I just pushed mine down for my shots and it stayed lowered...LOL I was too lazy to put in the efforts to lower mine. That said, in which way did you go through that process?:unsure: If you don't mind sharing.

Okay, I was looking at this model as well, because of the wheels, but now that you've pointed out that they are smaller...I can clearly see it in your photos. Perhaps on a black model the size might be masked a bit. I think that these will have the same color as the Turbo.
Coincidently, I have my Turbo out of storage for two months to do a side by with the previous gen in Sport Hybrid trim, as I had added it earlier this year. That being said, actually, having your white newer hybrid makes more sense, but since I'll be discussing design, perhaps he color and the powertrain would be a distraction when I finally get around to my posting. 😉

Thanks for sharing this amazing daily user ride with us. I really like that we can share our model car diversities together here on DX. CHEERS!!! 🥂

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, CONGRATS on adding this model Stefanus!!! 👏 It's just crazy, as I was telling you on Facebook that I was looking at buying teh same model and BOOM, you already had it just as I had mentioned that. Great minds and Good friends thinking similar here 😊

Okay, I was also shocked when you said that you also had to lower the front of yours too.o_O I was like FINALLY, they fixed the ride height, but YOU actually fixed it. I just pushed mine down for my shots and it stayed lowered...LOL I was too lazy to put in the efforts to lower mine. That said, in which way did you go through that process?:unsure: If you don't mind sharing.

Okay, I was looking at this model as well, because of the wheels, but now that you've pointed out that they are smaller...I can clearly see it in your photos. Perhaps on a black model the size might be masked a bit. I think that these will have the same color as the Turbo.
Coincidently, I have my Turbo out of storage for two months to do a side by with the previous gen in Sport Hybrid trim, as I had added it earlier this year. That being said, actually, having your white newer hybrid makes more sense, but since I'll be discussing design, perhaps he color and the powertrain would be a distraction when I finally get around to my posting. 😉

Thanks for sharing this amazing daily user ride with us. I really like that we can share our model car diversities together here on DX. CHEERS!!! 🥂
Thanks Dave!! 🙂
Yup... I guess great minds think alike! 🤜🤛
Thankfully it's easy to lower the front end (what I mean by that is it's easy to disassemble it). Once disassembled, I just shimmed the spindle to the lower control arm using washers. Very similar to how you would lower a Maisto.
As of color I actually would like to get a black one but they don't make this in black, so I go for white.
One more thing I forgot to mention, on some of the creases, the white paint kinda washed out. Not really glaring, but it's visible if inspected closely.

Please let me know if you get yours and share your thoughts on it!

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Hey Stefanus, So it's easy to disassemble? Do the wheels just pull off and did you have to take the chassis apart to separate the front suspension?

I was wondering about the color choices, but If I do ever buy one, it will be white, if the other colors are the same as the current one. As for the wheels, I guess we could 3D print newer ones and tires to get teh correct sizes.

Thanks for replying back so quickly!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Stefanus, So it's easy to disassemble? Do the wheels just pull off and did you have to take the chassis apart to separate the front suspension?
So once you disassemble everything, the wheels and spindle just slipped out from the post (where the springs are seated). Then you can just put a small washer between the top of the lower control arm and the bottom of the spindle to adjust the height. No need to pop the wheels out. Hope that make sense!

·
Super Moderator
12,639 Posts
Okay, so basically, how did you release or disassemble the suspension? is it glued or screwed down? Basically, how did you get through that part prior to everything else? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so basically, how did you release or disassemble the suspension? is it glued or screwed down? Basically, how did you get through that part prior to everything else? :unsure:
The good news is nothing is glued. All held by screws.

If you ever taken a Maisto apart, this is very similar.

(1) Remove 6 screws to separate the floor pan / chassis from the body.
(2) From the top of the floor pan, you remove 4 screw that separate the cradle from the chassis.
(3) Once the cradle is removed, you take out the springs from the top. Then slide out the spindle that is connected by the steering linkage.
(4) The lower control arm is one piece with the cradle. Find a small (SMALL) washer and slide 1-2 into the post and let it rest on the lower control arm.
(5) Slide the spindle back down on top of the washer. Put the spring back.
(6) Bolt the cradle back to the chassis
(7) Bolt the chassis back to the body.

Just take a screwdriver and take one apart. It will make sense once you see it disassembled.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congratulations on the new acquisition of a superb looking model, particularly in that authentic pearlescent white. I'm 100% behind your ethos of collecting the ordinary alongside the exotic, to give some depth and range to your 1/18 scale garage, particularly when it's such a handsome and important subject as this car. I like the improvements you made as well. I think you're a much better modeller if you try and improve your models with details like this now and then. Good work and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations on the new acquisition of a superb looking model, particularly in that authentic pearlescent white. I'm 100% behind your ethos of collecting the ordinary alongside the exotic, to give some depth and range to your 1/18 scale garage, particularly when it's such a handsome and important subject as this car. I like the improvements you made as well. I think you're a much better modeller if you try and improve your models with details like this now and then. Good work and thanks for sharing.
Thank you!
Glad to meet someone like minded when it comes to collecting daily drivers in 1:18!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts