DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pleasantly surprised when Norev decided to release this 2nd gen CRX! I always like this generation of Civic / CRX, and when I was in 5th grade I think, my dad got me a 1/24 Fujimi CRX kit for Christmas, which I loved. So the CRX as a model car reminded me of my late father.

The first thing you noticed about this model is how tiny this is! Assuming things are scaled correctly, compared to the modern cars, the CRX are absolutely miniscule.

This is a sealed diecast. The major advantage over the sealed resins are the molded side windows (no wavy window sheets). Proportion wise it’s really good and I like their choice of wheels. This is the 1.6-16V version of the CRX.

The only thing I did was matte-coated the seats and floor to simulate the seat fabric and carpeting.

Overall I am pretty happy with Norev’s CRX even thought it’s a sealed model. Here are some indoor photos that hopefully useful as reference if you’re thinking of getting one.

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

With the FK7 Civic Hatchback (which completely dwarfs the CRX!)

With the Golf MK3 – It’s upscale competitor of the same era:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Still such a crisp looking car and very distinctive. I too built that 1/24 kit for a mate of mine as it was his favourite car back then. I really miss small, powerful, fun cars like this CRX. Nice pics mate of a cool car (y)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Awesome little fighter. I am definitely be interested in adding this. Would compliment the first gen CRX from Autoart nicely. Bit of a surprise subject from Norev me think but glad they decided to make one. Would love to see if they will continue on with more of the Honda subjects from the same era... a normal road going Civic EG saloon would be lovely as I have strong affinity with that particular one. Lust over them when i was a kid and owned one for couple of years.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still such a crisp looking car and very distinctive. I too built that 1/24 kit for a mate of mine as it was his favourite car back then. I really miss small, powerful, fun cars like this CRX. Nice pics mate of a cool car (y)
Thank you!
Building 1/24 kits was my favorite thing to do as a kid. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to do that anymore nowadays.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome little fighter. I am definitely be interested in adding this. Would compliment the first gen CRX from Autoart nicely. Bit of a surprise subject from Norev me think but glad they decided to make one. Would love to see if they will continue on with more of the Honda subjects from the same era... a normal road going Civic EG saloon would be lovely as I have strong affinity with that particular one. Lust over them when i was a kid and owned one for couple of years.
It's always good when we can relate certain cars to our life story!
I would love to add the 1st gen AA CRX! I've been looking at eBay periodically to see if one pop up as reasonable price.

I also hope that Norev will continue to release cool cars like this! Agreed completely on the EG9 sedan, that would be so cool to have as 1:18!
There were some resins one back the but the price was insane! I forgot who made it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
It's always good when we can relate certain cars to our life story!
I would love to add the 1st gen AA CRX! I've been looking at eBay periodically to see if one pop up as reasonable price.

I also hope that Norev will continue to release cool cars like this! Agreed completely on the EG9 sedan, that would be so cool to have as 1:18!
There were some resins one back the but the price was insane! I forgot who made it.
You and me both ;) we seem to share similar type of car stories growing up in the late 20th century..
And much like you those old E class Mercs had profound effect on me when I was a kid :whistle:

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you turn off all the noise in your house and listen really closely you can hear the rear quarter panels rusting…

There were a few of these ping ponging around my high school but as the newest were about 10 years old at that point they all had the tinworm by me.

Beautifully captured. Agree on the EGs. My best friend had an EG Si hatch in high school. Melon shooter exhaust, Wings West Big Mouth front bumper and about 2” off the pavement with subs that would blur your vision.

Has anyone done the del Sol?

Now if someone would be dumb enough to make a CB era Accord, I’d mortgage my house for it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you turn off all the noise in your house and listen really closely you can hear the rear quarter panels rusting…

There were a few of these ping ponging around my high school but as the newest were about 10 years old at that point they all had the tinworm by me.

Beautifully captured. Agree on the EGs. My best friend had an EG Si hatch in high school. Melon shooter exhaust, Wings West Big Mouth front bumper and about 2” off the pavement with subs that would blur your vision.

Has anyone done the del Sol?

Now if someone would be dumb enough to make a CB era Accord, I’d mortgage my house for it.
Lots of memories with these old Hondas!! :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You and me both ;) we seem to share similar type of car stories growing up in the late 20th century..
And much like you those old E class Mercs had profound effect on me when I was a kid :whistle:
Yup.... I pretty much spent my youth road trips with my family on those old E-classes (W123 and W124).
W124 I like a lot.
W123 I loved it!!!!

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
First of all CONGRATS Stefanus!!! 👏 Man, this model is really tempting, but I am trying to hold out for "red".

👏However, in college, a friend of mine had a MINT black facelifted CR-X SI. It was like brand new MINT! So, when he ended barrowing one of my Neenah Cheery CDs for a road trip back to Massachusetts I trusted him. But during that summer, I got a phone call from him at 3 or 4 am asking me to come to Windsor Ontario hospital to pick him up. I thought that he was joking, so I hung up and went back to bed. So, he called me two more times and said that he was serious. This was 1994, I still had my 240SX SE Fastback. So, I drove to Canada to pick him up. I got to the hospital and he was complaining, had cuts all over him and glass in his face etc. Wasn't pretty. Then he said the Canadian police demanded that he (we) walked the 401 picking up debris from the wreck. He fell asleep at the wheel and barrel rolled that CR-X . The once MINT car looked like a triangle. Luckily he was not a tall guy, because he might have lost his head.
While helping him pick up pieces of and things thrown from the car, we found my CD "MINT" so I still have it 'til this day. Oh, to add insult to injury, Customs pulled us over and checked my car on the way back.

Nice, I also built that Fujimi Honda CR-X Si kit as well, but I was in Jr. High when I got mine. Great memories of your late father getting you such a neat model for your childhood😊

Great job on toning down the shine on the interior and VERY NICE SHOTS my friend!!👏 CHEERS!🥂

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all CONGRATS Stefanus!!! 👏 Man, this model is really tempting, but I am trying to hold out for "red".

👏However, in college, a friend of mine had a MINT black facelifted CR-X SI. It was like brand new MINT! So, when he ended barrowing one of my Neenah Cheery CDs for a road trip back to Massachusetts I trusted him. But during that summer, I got a phone call from him at 3 or 4 am asking me to come to Windsor Ontario hospital to pick him up. I thought that he was joking, so I hung up and went back to bed. So, he called me two more times and said that he was serious. This was 1994, I still had my 240SX SE Fastback. So, I drove to Canada to pick him up. I got to the hospital and he was complaining, had cuts all over him and glass in his face etc. Wasn't pretty. Then he said the Canadian police demanded that he (we) walked the 401 picking up debris from the wreck. He fell asleep at the wheel and barrel rolled that CR-X . The once MINT car looked like a triangle. Luckily he was not a tall guy, because he might have lost his head.
While helping him pick up pieces of and things thrown from the car, we found my CD "MINT" so I still have it 'til this day. Oh, to add insult to injury, Customs pulled us over and checked my car on the way back.

Nice, I also built that Fujimi Honda CR-X Si kit as well, but I was in Jr. High when I got mine. Great memories of your late father getting you such a neat model for your childhood😊

Great job on toning down the shine on the interior and VERY NICE SHOTS my friend!!👏 CHEERS!🥂
Thanks Dave, hoping Norev will release red as well. I think Silver will be released soon right?
I love what Norev has done here. They really captures the proportion of the CRX.

But speaking of 1/24, when I first received this 1/18 Norev, I had to take a double look to make sure it's not a 1/24.
Man, this thing is TINY and almost looks like a 1/24! Pretty much anything but the Mini R50/R53 in my 1/18 collection dwarfs the CRX.

Glad your buddy is alive after the the CRX accident!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Lots of memories with these old Hondas!! :)
It was the golden age, I think. I had a 1990 Accord which was painfully slow but handled well and looked good IMHO. I spent $3,000 having it de-rusted when I was in college. Stupid idea, but it looked great when it was done. My best friend had a 1992 EG Si hatch, his now wife had an Accord which was replaced by an EK coupe that saw a host of mods, his future cousin-in-law had a 1997 Del Sol Si, our other friend had a 1992 Accord with a junkyard turbo setup. He eventually replaced that with an Integra GS-R with a ITR swap. That later was replaced by an S2000 later an F430, 997 GT3, 997 Turbo and a few other toys. I actually still am one of the mods for the largest 90-93 Accord board on the internet. Met many a friend through there.

Did you find yourself in a Buffalo Stance after finding your CD?

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
It was the golden age, I think. I had a 1990 Accord which was painfully slow but handled well and looked good IMHO. I spent $3,000 having it de-rusted when I was in college. Stupid idea, but it looked great when it was done. My best friend had a 1992 EG Si hatch, his now wife had an Accord which was replaced by an EK coupe that saw a host of mods, his future cousin-in-law had a 1997 Del Sol Si, our other friend had a 1992 Accord with a junkyard turbo setup. He eventually replaced that with an Integra GS-R with a ITR swap. That later was replaced by an S2000 later an F430, 997 GT3, 997 Turbo and a few other toys. I actually still am one of the mods for the largest 90-93 Accord board on the internet. Met many a friend through there.

LOL!!:ROFLMAO: Nope, but that poor car look like a herd of buffalos had their way with it.:cry:

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
Thanks Dave, hoping Norev will release red as well. I think Silver will be released soon right?
I love what Norev has done here. They really captures the proportion of the CRX.

But speaking of 1/24, when I first received this 1/18 Norev, I had to take a double look to make sure it's not a 1/24.
Man, this thing is TINY and almost looks like a 1/24! Pretty much anything but the Mini R50/R53 in my 1/18 collection dwarfs the CRX.

Glad your buddy is alive after the the CRX accident!
Thanks Stefanus! He's still on my FB page today and owns a his own private plane that he flies...so autopilot probably saves the day this time. WHEW!!:giggle:

Yeah, CR-Xs are teeny in reality. I still love'em, especially more than the Del-Sol that his folks gave him to replace it.🥂

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indeed... Honda made the best 90's cars.
Speaking of 90-93 Accord, I grew up in Indonesia and one of my friend's parents had an 4WD 1990 Accord, I though that was pretty sweet seeing how the rear wheel can slightly angled.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Stefanus! He's still on my FB page today and owns a his own private plane that he flies...so autopilot probably saves the day this time. WHEW!!:giggle:

Yeah, CR-Xs are teeny in reality. I still love'em, especially more than the Del-Sol that his folks gave him to replace it.🥂
Yes, I do like the 1st and 2nd gen CRX better than the Del Sol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Speaking of 90-93 Accord, I grew up in Indonesia and one of my friend's parents had an 4WD 1990 Accord, I though that was pretty sweet seeing how the rear wheel can slightly angled.
There is a HUGE fan base to this day in Indonesia for those cars. I’ve seen some of the photos from meet-ups and they really modify those cars right.

It’s amazing how much different those cars were in the other parts of the world compared to the US. We received a severely de-contented version of car IMHO.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Those 4WS are cool! My family had a 3rd gen Prelude comes equipped with it but somehow I suspect it was already broken so no one ever tried to activate it. Those 90s Hondas were plentiful back in the days but now they are fast becoming rare sight on the road sadly. I remember fondly of the old Accord which looks like the early gen Infinite Q45 and some rarer one even had popup lights. And the cool looking Civic EF.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a HUGE fan base to this day in Indonesia for those cars. I’ve seen some of the photos from meet-ups and they really modify those cars right.

It’s amazing how much different those cars were in the other parts of the world compared to the US. We received a severely de-contented version of car IMHO.
Yes, some of the Asian markets cars has many options not seen here unfortunately. For exmaple - The current generation Accord in Asian market has powered passenger seat adjustment that can be controlled by the rear seat passenger if they need more space (designed to be chauffeured).

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those 4WS are cool! My family had a 3rd gen Prelude comes equipped with it but somehow I suspect it was already broken so no one ever tried to activate it. Those 90s Hondas were plentiful back in the days but now they are fast becoming rare sight on the road sadly. I remember fondly of the old Accord which looks like the early gen Infinite Q45 and some rarer one even had popup lights. And the cool looking Civic EF.
I said 4WD. I meant 4WS, sorry I stand corrected!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts