DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
http://www.AUTOart-collection.com/cgi-bin/autoa...ping/80397.html

This model looks VERY cool, but $104.95? Grrr. I thought $120 for Spark's sealed R8s were expensive. I guess the extra $$$ went into the chrome and the extensive tampo printing, but they sure added premium to the price for those effects.

The new CSL is also priced at $104.95, but this model has openning features. If both of these models has equivalent amount of tampo printing, than AUTOart is claiming the cost of chrome equals cost of openning features.

:dizzy

G

·
They sure have some big Kahunas to ask that price for a shiny doorstop .
I wouldnt say it was any more extensively liveried than others so the ludicrous price hike must be for the shiny bits .

The sad thing is , some people will actually buy it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also,

I thought this model was black for the longest time. But I guess the black we see is the reflection of the photostudio at AUTOart.

This model will be a challenge to shoot for many collectors.

:giggle

G

·
I like the black look. Was the original 1:1 chrome?

I'm not even going to get into the price of chrome -v- opening parts as its useless at this point.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Maybe it's so expensive because they have a Tampon Printed Body Shell. (See pic for details). Not sure if they went with they Tampax or Playtex method though. :confused

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
It's a pretty looking car, I must buy it, take pretty photos of it & post then up with no words as I know nothing about the car or where it raced………..etc etc etc.
As I feel that's how it will sell with most people, don't panic as I know there are other lovers of the JGTC cars & have to have it.

But what about guys like me, loves the JGTC racing, has been collecting the cars for years, but now has stopped, as I knew this was coming, the next one MIGHT be the Gold plated car, you know the one, with Ebbro on the sides, another very nice NSX.
Just cant afford to buy them any more, I'm selling of my R34's test car included to fund the upcoming R32 Skylines.

Oh well.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I once held out a lot of hope that the JGTC would make it big and attract a wider audience globally. Back in 2004, the Speed television channel based in the US even broadcast taped races in the autumn. An exhibition was held at the Fontana Speedway (California) and drew a crowd of ~20K. But I guess there were bigger issues that curbed the growth of the JGTC.....bummer! Like yourself, I'm a fan of quite a number of those cars. But the sealed non-feature coupled with high-price has already detered me from getting the 1/18 Raybrig car. About 1.5 yr ago, I thought I would get it. But it's intersting to see how things change. I also wanted the G'Zox car a long time ago. ***IF*** and only if the price drops on it considerably, I might get one since I've been a nut over NSXs since I was small. But I'll definitely wait until the euphoria dies so I re-assess things with a clear head. Do you know if Ebbro has plans to release this in 1/43??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.