DiecastXchange Forum banner

Honda NSX (Silver)

2K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  roadstermatt 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Again I was looking at my Bone Stock NSX from Motor Max and just wanted more from it. The NSX to me is such a great car and so once again I envisioned myself owning one. What it would look like and especially what color combo it would have, so I went with a tan/black interior. I just love it in real cars so why not.

For some history on this project I have been at this one for the past week and a half. Forever it seemed like the car just sat in pieces. Once I almost completed it I had a set of Alex Zanardi edition style rims for it but the deal went sour and I messed up the rims in the process of tailoring them for the NSX. So the stock rims are left and this car is no longer the Zanardi Edition I wanted it to be. :cry Nonetheless I completed the project all the way to the rear wing. Which leads me to ask for suggestions for a rear wing. Im stumped right now and need some opinions as to how this project should turn out.

The model was blue with black int when I started.

More front spoilers will be added to make the large ones blend in properly.

G
#2 · (Edited)
The upgrades consist of the following:

-Tan leather seats
-Black/Tan full interior carpeting
-Front spoilers
-Front chin guard
-Lowered suspension
-150 shot of NOS :giggle
-Safety fire exstinguisher
-Main under body painted flat black for more realism
-Carbon fiber headlights
-Full Silver paint job with clear
-Targa top cut and repainted
-Tan shift boot
-Wieght reduction modifications

After some feed back on the rear wing a new wing in CF or silver will be installed.

*Until new rear wing is concieved the NSX will be in the shop. :giggle

G
#4 · (Edited)
In most of our projects we try to beat our last or at least make it as good. The 911 4S Track Ready Edition I think is better than this one in ways but this one has its spots as well. At first I was not satisfied withthe outcome of this project but now that I think about it I love it. Even though this model still needs a wing of some sorts. So the options are:

1) Leave the rear wing stock
2) Go for something outrageous
3) Go for something simple and clean

Also should the wing be in CF or Silver? any suggestions would greatly help :cheers

#9 ·
Wow! That targa top looks awesome. in my humble opinion though the Canards don't work and this NSX doesn't look "track ready" with its top off. Also you might want to put some flat black into the front intake since it's a solid piece. :mine I think a CF wing would look nice. Maybe put a decal on the stock spoiler?

G
#10 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the great and very constructive feedback. :cheers
I admitt this is not the best work I ve done up to date.
I cut the top only for realism and the front "canards" Im still on the fence about them but I just put it out there to some feedback. Im debating taking them off.
Thanks again :cheers

Also I forgot, not to confuse but when I mean track ready I mean track ready in the sense that Im going to take it to the track on the weekends to autocross and so on.

G
#12 ·
Another great project CX! :nicejob :nicejob

I'd say go with a nice and big GT wing!

I am not so sure about the placement of the fire extinguisher... it seems a little odd. Other than that, awesome work once again! :goodpost

G
#13 ·
onoitsaWRX: Thanks onoitsaWRX, I cant wait to see yours when its completed. :cheers

Agegen: Thanks, about the fire exstinguisher, I saw it in a magazine and ever since I thought it was interesting. A GT wing would be easy to make, I accidentally tore all the paint off of the stock spoiler. :giggle This project has had more mistakes than I would like but it will be fine. :cheers

#16 ·
Great job, dude! :nicejob You got this thing ready in no time! The interior looks so buttery and delicious. :tongue You're the Schedoni of 1:18th leather seats! :giggle

I would suggest going with a big, CF rear wing, and painting the front intake in a darker silver, like gunmetal (if you have it) or even black. The front spoilers, I feel, would work better if you could somehow connect them across the front of the car OR shaving them back a lot to draw less attention to them. :mine

#18 ·
If I may ask, what you modifiers are using for carpet? I used flocking once, on my Bullitt Mustang, and it was a traumatic experience for me that I'd really not like to think about right now. I vowed I would never use the stuff again. Any suggestions? I have one of these MotorMax NSX's, but I just haven't come up with any ideas for it yet. . .

G
#22 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
If there is a next time may I recomend using elmers glue so that if you do make a mistake you can also wet it down and start all over. If you need any help on flocking or anything else for that matter in modifications please let me know I would be glad to help. It is true that flocking is not for everyone it is difficult at first but once you get it right its the same thing each time. :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.