DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the ertl 1/21 silly scale ecto 1 and some time back i heard hot wheels were releasing a true 1/18 scale (and 1/43)

i see a few on ebay,who here has one as i would be and interested in its detailing compared to ertl's offering ...do i upgrade

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Are you sure those aren't pre-orders? I think I read that it was a Nov release. The only ones I see on eBay are 1/64s.

·
Administrator
34,726 Posts
Yep I saw those listed in a model shops catalogue the other day, the 1/43 Ecto 1 was £65 which is pricey, I bet the 1/18 will be well over £100 here :(

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep I saw those listed in a model shops catalogue the other day, the 1/43 Ecto 1 was £65 which is pricey, I bet the 1/18 will be well over £100 here :(
i finally got my 1/21 ecto1 repaired and now on display. damn its such a looong car.the angle i had to place on shelf dictates how many of the other 1/18 i could fit around it.

see another thread that the a team van 1/18 is out.$129US.i think i'll pass thanks

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for the Ecto-1/slimer close ups rotormotor - they look ace!

Also the AUTOart charger.....I've been thinking about this one, but can't decide whether i prefer the silver or the yellow...

sorry to go off topic....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Ecto-1/slimer close ups rotormotor - they look ace!

Also the AUTOart charger.....I've been thinking about this one, but can't decide whether i prefer the silver or the yellow...

sorry to go off topic....
its ok, i went off topic too ~ hot wheels > ertl but hey...its MY thread hahaha

the 2 best colours would be magenta (crimson) or vitamin c (orange) IMO but AUTOart didn't release those colours...'big tank' or maybe 'car carlectables' in aussie did. see my 1/32's right below slimer although that magenta hue is too dark compared with the 1:1

i went for silver as red or yella didn't appeal so much...its a big and heavy unit..that charger...

·
Administrator
34,726 Posts
Man the Ecto 1 is a beast, it's only when you see it with some 1/18 models you appreciate actually how big it is! It's such a cool car though, plus I love the slimer figure.

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.