DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I hope y'all aren't getting tired of me flooding the boards with pics on my first day posting. I love to take photo's and review cars, and I thought I'd share another cool little collectible. Hot Wheels did a pretty good job on this one--it's smallish for a 1:18th, about the size of a 1:24th, but it works since Jeep CJ's aren't all that big anyway. Enjoy!!

Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see they left no detail left out on this one.

Thats a lof of chasis and wheel base going on there.

What scale would you guess this to be with out all of the chasis and wheels to be...1:24?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Darrick,

I would still call it a 1:18th. Most scales aren't exact, as everyone knows, but when I put this one between a 1:24th VW Beetle and a 1:18th Ferrari, it falls somewhere between--slightly larger than the bug, slightly smaller than the Ferrari. Maybe it's more of a 1:20th. :cool

Joe

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I like it! I might have to get one. Any chance of you taking a pict of it next to a 1:18th scale truck or car? I would like to see if I can use the wheels/chassis to mod some trucks or cars.

thanks

Peter

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
We love to see photos and read reviews Joe. We dont get tired of looking at eye candy. :cheers
Nice cj5. Lots of detailing. :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The CJ-5 has a small body anyways, so it may be true to scale.

I do find this to be a nice piece by Hot Wheels with all the accessories on it :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice jeep and pics :cheers

Hot Wheels seem to have done a good job on this one, shame it's not to scale

one site said it was 1:21 scale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts