DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts

Recently I was given a yellow version of the 1:18 Hot Wheels Porsche 911.
According to the picture, it is suppose to be a 1988 model. Is this the correct year for this Porsche 911?

If so, maybe that would account for the odd shaped roof and roofline. I am not familiar enough with the 1:1 car to know how accurate the roofline should look. But on this model the roofline and roof appear to be odd shaped and sort of peculiar. It makes me wonder about the accuracy of the model.

So I ask:

Is this a fair representation of the 1:1 car or is it a mistake in Hot Wheel's modelling of it?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The Hot wheels model is a 996 generation 911 (1996-2000) and it is representing indeed a cabriolet with a hardtop roof fixed over which explains the odd shape. So hot wheels did not make a mistake in the modelling of the roofline. However, having said that the 911 model by hot wheels is not a very accurate or detailed model. But then again it's the only 996 Hardtop in the market. Hope this helps :cheers

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. It does help very much.

I thought that it might be a later version than 1988 as it appears more modern. Yet the roofline seemed so odd. All the info supplied has cleared this up and now I have a better appreciation for what the model represents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.