DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I gotta admit that MC12 looks good, especially for a Hot Wheels. :giggle
A new set of wheels would be nice though. I don't care for the stock ones much...
Also the bottom looks fine to me. Most cars like this have flat, featureless bottoms for aerodynamics. So I don't see how it scores poorly for detail/accuracy. Especially since most of us probably never have seen the real bottom... :confused

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not but I remember reading a news from somewhere saying that BBR is making this MC12 and Ferrari F430 in 1/18. If this is true then I will definetely save up my money now and get these 2 models later. Just like the Enzo, I first got the Hot Wheels's version but it just didn't look right at all, wheels are too narrow, lack of interior detail, engine looks plastic. But when I bought the Ezno by BBR and put both side by side.... BIG DIFFERENCE.
Speaking of ferraris, when Exoto is releasing the F40 and F50 in 1/18 scale?. It took them toooooo loooong to produce these models, don't you think?.

·
Me gusta!
349 Posts
Can someone clarify to me whether the engine is a seperate piece?

·
Me gusta!
349 Posts
Hey mac, i am thinking of a possible modification for this mc12. I am contacting john at customdiecastreplicas at the moment... Do you think he can do a decent job upgrading the engine and may be even creating a front compartment with a removable bonnet? Or should i just wait for a hi-end manufacturer to do the job (though i really dont see that happening at any time in the future)

·
Me gusta!
349 Posts
I mean, from what i 've seen from the site, most of his work is with either repaint jobs or wheels/engine swaps... He mentioned doing a few conversions to convertibles to make them hard top and vice-versa. But since the compartment i am asking for is a seperate, removable bonnet with may be a BBR enzo's battery together with a whole engine makeover, i certainly cast some doubts over this one... Nevertheless, i've just sent him an email and let's just hope for the best :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I mean, from what i 've seen from the site, most of his work is with either repaint jobs or wheels/engine swaps... He mentioned doing a few conversions to convertibles to make them hard top and vice-versa. But since the compartment i am asking for is a seperate, removable bonnet with may be a BBR enzo's battery together with a whole engine makeover, i certainly cast some doubts over this one... Nevertheless, i've just sent him an email and let's just hope for the best :)
I have seen two versions of the Maserati MC12. The Hot Wheels model is clearly a targa. I could not tell if the Hot Wheels Elite model also has a removable top. Does anywone know if the latter is also a targa? The one that is available locally is the Elite model and I could not tell if the top was removable or not. BTW, I collect roadsters, spiders, convertibles, cabriolets, targas.....
Thanks

·
Me gusta!
349 Posts
I saw the 2 being sold right now on ebay and there is definitely a normal version with removable hard top.
@spiderman : since you have seen both version of the mc12,do you think i should try and bid for the HWE rather than the Hot Wheels non-elite? Are there much more details on the elite version? And please keep in mind the fact that i am buying it for a mod - an engine makeover and a brand new bonnet(frontal cover). Thanks a bunch !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Toy
Sorry for late reply. Just saw notification in my spam folder. I have only seen the Elite version of the MC12 in a store and they would not let me take it out of the box. Have not yet purchased it pending confirmation that it is a targa. The regular Hot Wheels version, I found pictures online at allcarmodels.com Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Mate, I own this model, picked it up for a very good price also. I think its very cool looking. And anyone who has the chance should pick one up.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Craig... want to buy mine? i can put the funds towards the burns night stage Subaru that guy has on Ebay, with a buy it now of £750.

Dave.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.