DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
HotWork 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo TechArt

I know that this car has been post a few times already but I don't care! I wanna post mine too! :nana

First I was very impress by this car. After a description I've read in another topic, I was prepared for a lame toyish reproduction, loaded with "easy-break" gadget....

Well I was surprised!!!! Turns out...it's a very cool model with a very nice paint color!!!!!

So let's take a look at those pictures...'cause I think everything else has already been said on this car......

I didn't put all the options available, just the ones I like....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats Cuda Jeff, I do like that model! Even those these HotWorks models aren't to the same level as Say AUTOart, I love the fact that you can change the parts (something different from the other manufacturers I say). I'll be keeping my eye out for these when they land down under
:cheers

Julza

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Good one Jeff! I have one sitting on my display as well :giggle

I hope Hotworks release more of these "authentic tuner" cars. Although the quality of fine details are not as good as AUTOart/Kyosho, the customizability of these new models and their authenticity to the highend tuner mods make them very appealing.

:cheers

G

·
Eric,

That kit on that model is a 2002 Techart Kit.

The kit on the model is actually the latest offering. I believe the wing is from 2003 and the front and side fascia is from 2004.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I ordered it from Kevin's Hobbies.

I'm not sure if you will fine it in a Wal-Mart. WM in my area almost don't keep diecasts anymore. Except for a few old Maisto and Mattel. But since you're in Florida (you lucky man) I don't know if they keep the same inventory....

BTW ...thanks you all for your comments... :cheers

G

·
Jeff,

I just did a double take on the photos and I must say your pics do the model justice.

I really like the exterior, but the interiror :badidea

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick....I don't think the interior is that bad, well I mean...it would've been ok if the model had a price tag in the Maisto range.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
More and more I look at mine, more I like it. Although most of the parts are made of plastic and it may feel light, the fit and finish of the parts are very well executed. Considering each collectors disassemble and assemble back the parts themselves, Hotworks did a great job on part designs.

I'm a big fan now :) I hope they do more Euro-tuner models!

G

·
I have the blue Bilstein car coming in the mail right now...

The various write-ups in the mags were overall real positive. The price point is not as high as AUTOart or Koysho and is above Maisto. I believe that it is filling a spot between the budget and higher end with a different flair of self customizing. The bonus is some nice spare parts for other conversions as well....

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice model, Jeff - gotta love that color!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts