DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, I haven't actually done a full conversion (body kit and all)... Just installed two sets of front rims from a couple of Maisto CLK-GTR kits, but I think it makes quite a difference from the initial tame look, don'cha? Also, installed a pair of larger, more rigid, coil springs for the rear axle, to keep the wheels from touching the fenders, as I wanted to keep the suspension functional without any compromises. Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Attachments

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
It looks nice with those rims! :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Nice!
I plan on trying the same mod to an S Class! :goodjob

·
Registered
219 Posts
Xenomorph,

Iam speechless!!!! :goodidea putting those rims on the car, makes it look 100% better!!! Great work!!!! :eek:k

·
Registered
536 Posts
:goodjob

I did something similar not too long ago, but I used a Playerz S55 for the bodykit. Maisto didn't do anything drastic to the mold in the Playerz conversion, so the standard S-Class interior and chassis goes in without any problems. The only difference is how the exhaust attaches to the base. Maisto did not alter the engine other than adding some chrome plating, so you would need to raid an SL55 if you want the supercharged motor. :cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I must say I'm flattered :cheers A word of warning though. Be careful when you take the wheels off the rear axle of the standard S. On the standard axle, the centerline of the axle and the mounting holes are offset slightly. I broke the hub off of mine doing the swap. The problem was that my other doner cars (CLK DTM, SLK and SL500) all featured an axle where the mounting holes are on the centerline, so when mounted to the standard S-Class base, the axle is set too far to the rear in the wheel opening. I was able to correct it, but it was a PITA.

Good luck on yours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts