DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and went through old threads but counld not find anything. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Has anyone removed the wheels off of a Hotwheels model where they are attached to a metal axle? I've tried twisting, pulling, prying but the thing won't come off. Is there a trick to getting these things off? I want to fit the rims from an old Caddy LMP onto my Enzo. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tom,

I have similar experiences with the same model you speak of.

Try this:

I presume the wheel is already separated> grab bot of the wheels and twist(turn) them opposite direction of the other> this should break the seal on atleast one of them. You should then be able to pull it off.

Use the same method with the other one, with the exception of using a pair of grips or pliers to hold the spindle while twisting(turning) and then eventually pulling the wheel off.

the above is no easy process, as I scratched my head for some time trying to get the wheels off.

Keep us posted as to how it goes or if you need more help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just thinking about this the other day as I ponder doingmy next 333SP. If we can use nail polish remover to unstick superglued fingers(not that I've done this :lol ), maybe try dabbing a bit down the axle to where the wheel joins. Maybe this will help break the glue up and be an easy removal. :feedback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I give up though. It won't come off. I guess Mattel wants to keep those wheels on permanently so kids playing with their exact miniature replicas won't accidentally swallow them. :lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
TMD96 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I give up though. It won't come off. I guess Mattel wants to keep those wheels on permanently so kids playing with their exact miniature replicas won't accidentally swallow them. :lol
Come on...don't give up so easily :WTF I've a spare Enzo going to mod soon ..maybe I can get some tips from you :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's another. try bending the axle out of the plastic wheel. sure the plastic will break, but you could epoxy or super glue it back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've found that if you just keep twisting and turning them they
will work themselves off. Its a difficult process, but worth it in
the end. Just keep working them and have some patients.
You can do this!!!! :nicejob :cheers :happy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I'll keep at it and let you know what happens. Hopefully you'll see a black Enzo with different rims. :danbanna

·
Registered
692 Posts
TMD96 said:
Thanks guys. I'll keep at it and let you know what happens. Hopefully you'll see a black Enzo with different rims. :danbanna
Hey, you've got company now :lol I'm going to mod an Enzo now :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I better hurry up and finish mine then. After your comes out, no one's going to want to see mine. :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.