DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What part of the car do you touch most to pick it up?
Wheels23.92%
Wheels and side body47.84%
Roofline (coupes only)611.76%
Roofline and Wheels713.73%
Underbody2039.22%
The whole thing59.80%
Doesnt matter713.73%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use the roof line and or wheels to pick up the car.
It minimizes the finger prints on the paint.

·
Registered
817 Posts
i grab the car under the side then move under it to move it, or i grab two fingers insdie each door if the windows are open, to grab the roof sides!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
For cars with upward opening doors, like Lambo's, Enzo, SLR etc., I take my index finger and thumb and grab overtop the roof.

For regular cars or trucks, I sometimes do the same, but I also hold them on my hand or grab them from each side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To avoid getting oily fingerprints, I used to try and pick them up by touching as little of the model as possible. I nearly drop many of them. One day we were shopping for Swarovski crystal figurines and found that they also sell white cotton gloves for $5/pair. Got one and now I can pick them up any way I need to and dust and polish them at the same time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
to prevent getting fingerprints on models i use white cotton gloves like photo lab stuff use to operate with films and prints

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
With my hands :lol
Someone had to say it :giggle

Depends on the car for me, some have to be picked up diferently than others.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Max Power said:
With my hands :lol
Someone had to say it :giggle

Depends on the car for me, some have to be picked up diferently than others.
Exactly. And like Allan, I think gloves are a must. Though I'm not using them yet because I still didn't find a pair suitable for my paws.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Interesting topic, CollectorX!!! Nice banner, too! I'm glad it worked out! :happy I guess to me it doesn't really matter how I pick it up. Sometimes I even pierce the hood with a tack-hammer to pick it up if I'm feeling REALLY lazy. :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meguiars Detailing Kit has a pair of white cotton gloves in it. Half of the time, I don't take the time to put on glove and just graba model and then whipe it down afterwards.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
If it's a model thats not worth much i'll just grab it on the side, palm on the roof and fingers on the doors. If it's a more expensive model i'll slide my hand under the front and slide it off the place it's on. I rarely will just grab cars by the roofline unless thats the only way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Speedfiend :lol

Interesting, I thought of using white gloves but cant never seem to find any. Thanks for the tips guys. :cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
RichardM said:
Try "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" :lol
I've tried that but model cars don't have any pants to get into. :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys need to get out more :lol :lol

Anyways... most of my 1/43 diecasts are still fixed on their plastic "stands", that way I can move them without fearing I may break something. Loose cars I tend to hold from the underside.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts